'AJ expects deal will be completed within 24hours' - Takeover latest

You DID though. You said he is clearing our debt. So you did say he is.

I am not writing him off but people need to realise that this whole notion that Rangers will be "debt free" is not necessarily the case. "LBG free" does NOT constitute "debt free".

Until and unless (I doubt we will) know just how he is/has financed us none of us know - yet some are suggesting it as fact.

Ian, yes we need a new owner - but, again at the peril of sounding repetitious, we do NOT KNOW if he is clearing the debt. The fact he is a BEAR is a good sign, but not necessarily the best sign.

Yes, we need to wait and see - but we simply dont know if his is a good deal or not. WE CAN BUT HOPE[/quote]

Spot on mate, we need something and lets hope this is the something the clubs needs and can move on.

I've got concerns that al he is going to do is load us up with more debt, and has no plans for debt reduction.

I'm hoping these fears are unfounded but nothing has been said to date that explains how everything is to be financed, which is a concern.

I concur.

People are confusingly thinking that paying off LBG makes us debt free, when it's merely shifting the debt from one source to another.

Actually the whole thread is hypothetical really as none of us know anything about CW or how he is going to finance his take over and future funding for the manager. I guess all we can do is wait and hope he is the right man,not much else we can do.But I'm happy someone is willing to take the club on and hopefully we can move forward,the next ten years can't be as bad as the last ten years surely??.

Guest BRIANMC1
No-one knows about the debt, but people have been making assumptions, that's all.

'Assumptions' are the basis of most if not all of these posts, Opinions.

Yes Ian , it is all hypothetical.

One thing though, and BD may disagree, is that we are currently being stifled to death with more drastic cuts rumoured to be looming if the situation doesnt change.

Even if it IS the case that the debt gets shifted from LBG to "A.N. Other" and the club are still in the same level of debt one would have to think that it is STILL a BETTER option than the debt being with LBG - assuming of course that the rumoured cuts are not undertaken and that the "new debt" is not secured on clubs assets such as Ibrox.