Bigotry, Bombs and Football

I'm sure 26th will know far more, but Reevel Alderson is the BBC Scotland home affairs correspondent and he's probably been given this story by his superiors. He's only published 6 BBC articles in the past 9 months. Almost 9 months ago he published an article about the demise of The Church of Scotland. His next article 3 weeks later was about the strength of the Catholic Church. His next article was 3 and a half months later on the 2nd of Jan this year and about the Ibrox disaster and (IMO) it wasn't the sort of respectful article the subject matter deserved. It was brief and cold.

I've been about since roundabout 1983 and while only looking "in" from the outside - Iron Curtain and all, no chance to visit Britain that often - I always was under the impression that despite some minor peaks during Old Firm fixtures, the general religious "hostilities" between the OF and the supporters had more or less subsided during the late 90 and the 2000s. Probably going hand in hand with the changes in Northern Ireland. Sure, we and them always kept some hardliners, but the "masses" started to care less and less about a players up-bringing. Enter the 2008 league fixture fiasco, Celtic's behaviour all along the way, and the antics of their star players, not least Lennon and Thompson. IMHO, ever since it spiralled downwards, but - blue-glasses or not - the storm clouds always came in from the East End. Lies and slander galore, from top to bottom, culminating in verbal attacks on each and everyone, referees, SFA and whomever they fancied. And alway carrying the standard of victimhood before them, as if it was a valid shield to protect them against their vile and thinly veiled campaigns. I for one wouldn't be surprised if these bombs were send by Tims themselves, to deflect from their own vile intentions to influence the public while laying even more emphasis on their status as perennial victims. But they are not! Any sane intellectual will say that, any sane politician who actually looks at facts rather than headlines will see that ... and one hopes that the law-makers and those in power will see that too. I do hope that our new owner gets some decent QC in there to fight any lie and any slander (just like Nicky Campbell's today).

In essence, there are many reasons to hate their club and this impersonator of a human being. His "race" and his religion are not the straws that break the backs of people like this poor Jambo though.

Edited by der Berliner

Guest Dutchy

You can write laws and regulate all you want, their fans are loving us being put through the wringer for sectarian piss. Even the Hokey Cokey is deemed offensive. I can't see them stopping it while we're so under the microscope, but there was very little info on the police going into the Roseburn stand on Wednesday night at Tynecastle and fighting started up.

Am I to 'guess' that the body of septic fans stopped the police in doing their duty. I also read somewhere that police were chasing septic fans down the exit steps. Surely the cops have communication devices and they just needed to have their collegues stand at the bottom of the steps, then they're nabbed. I've been hearing there was an extra special security element in Tynecastle that night, yet they couldn't catch anyone. Will they be trying to identify the culprits via ground security cameras??? Hmmmm... I think not. No one wants to be accused of being a bigot, so that will be that I reckon.

That is your choice of course. I would rather watch it and complain about any bias or inconsistencies.

High viewing figures may just encourage the BBC to commission more of this (anti-Rangers) pish though?

I'm with the dont watch camp. Watching would be akin to buying the Record or listening to the phone ins.