Bluedell or another help explain.

The timing change for the mailshot is not surprising in the slightest. On taking over, CW promised the current board it was business as usual for them until the end of the season, at which point on Monday 16 May it is expected that the old board will be gone in its entirety, and at that point the recruitment of a new board of experts will begin.

A new CEO is the obvious big appointment as CW is not expected to be 100% hands on after the initial 6 months or so it will take him to get to grips with the club. Other important appointments are expected to include new PR people to tackle our pathetic media positon.

While it is obviously early days, and putting aside the many financial questions for one minute, what many of us really really want is someone to breathe new life into our club, defend it, nurture it, and run it professionally, all of which has been sadly lacking for the last decade at least, and the signs are that the new owner is on this exact wavelength also.

Not 100% convinced that a "Night of the Long Knives" is the best approach, would prefer something more orderly.

On the contrary, for what needs to be achieved at rangers and in most businesses going through a change of ownership, a rapid and substantial change of faces is exactly what is required to not only manage change but to assure it.

On the contrary, for what needs to be achieved at rangers and in most businesses going through a change of ownership, a rapid and substantial change of faces is exactly what is required to not only manage change but to assure it.

Then you may end up with nobody who knows who's who and what's what at the SPL, the SFA, the SFL and UEFA. Changes should be for the better not just for changes sake.

Then you may end up with nobody who knows who's who and what's what at the SPL, the SFA, the SFL and UEFA. Changes should be for the better not just for changes sake.

I agree to a point but i think what the board members did to Whyte at the end up was always going to make it difficult for him to keep them on board.

I agree to a point but i think what the board members did to Whyte at the end up was always going to make it difficult for him to keep them on board.

I'm not arguing against the board being replaced just that it be done in a manner that puts the interests of the club first above the interests of any single individual.

Why would that be the case. Are the current board the only people in the world who understand who's who and what's what? Would you not suppose the people replacing them might even have a chance of knowing a little more of who and what than the present incumbents. Yours is the view that fears change and assures inertia, what we need is not only change but aggressive and purposeful change. Change not just because we're afraid we might need it but change because we actually want it and the improvements it will bring.

If Whyte is what he appears to be then you can be damn sure change is the wand he's about to wave. In his business he understands the importance of change and the sheer necessity of it when addressing ailing, dysfunctional businesses, which of course is what Rangers is today.

Why would that be the case. Are the current board the only people in the world who understand who's who and what's what?Would you not suppose the people replacing them might even have a chance of knowing a little more of who and what than the present incumbents.

No but they're the only ones who know what's what and who's who about the situation regarding RFC.

Who do you think went line by line through Rangers books with Craig Whyte, Joe Spreadsheet from Misfile & Deadline CA Ltd or one of the current directors ? Who's been dealing with the UEFA crap, I.M. Ambulancechaser from Appeals R'Us Ltd or one of the current directors?

Yours is the view that fears change and assures inertia, what we need is not only change but aggressive and purposeful change. Change not just because we're afraid we might need it but change because we actually want it and the improvements it will bring.

Bollox, my view is that orderly evolution is preferable to revolution and when change comes it must be for the better rather than for it's own sake. I do not object to the entire board being replaced but think it would be foolish in the extreme to overthrow them en masse.

If Whyte is what he appears to be then you can be damn sure change is the wand he's about to wave. In his business he understands the importance of change and the sheer necessity of it when addressing ailing, dysfunctional businesses, which of course is what Rangers is today.

Like when the Yanks thought they could cure all Iraqs ills by declaring all members of the Ba'ath Party persona non grata, then couldn't find anybody to run the power or sewage systems etc raging success that was eh?

I think, after 6 months of due diligence, Mr Whyte will have a fair idea of what the state of play is within the club. Once he gets his feet under the desk and has a look under the hood, so to speak, I see no reason why he cannot quickly put his strategies into place. What concerns me more is what are Whyte's strategies? And how sustainable are the finances that will be used to implement them?