DJ Rangers Football Club Plc Directorate Change

you said this, " However it could be that the statement was drafted by someone who does not normally get involved in such things? It's probably best not to get too hung up on the wording."

That says to me you think there's the possibility of a mistake

It's not a mistake though. They are no longer directors and therefore will have been removed as directors from the statutory books of the company.

As I said, you would normally say "resign" but removed is OK, although unusual, and we don't know what the intention was. I would more stress my last sentence of the bit that you quoted. :)

It's not a mistake though. They are no longer directors and therefore will have been removed as directors from the statutory books of the company.

As I said, you would normally say "resign" but removed is OK, although unusual, and we don't know what the intention was. I would more stress my last sentence of the bit that you quoted. :)

Removed and resigned are Polar opposites. You are removed from somewhere when they don't want you there.

You resign by your own hand.

all in laymens terms. :D

If i was AJ andPaul Murray and i had resigned under my own steam and Rangers had released this stament which is a black mark on their CV i would be suing.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/05/24/rangers-suspend-chief-executive-martin-bain-and-executive-director-donald-mcintyre-over-irregularities-86908-23153310/

RANGERS chief executive Martin Bain and Donald McIntyre, who holds the positions of finance director, secretary and executive director, were suspended yesterday after what was described as "irregularities" were discovered at the club.

An Ibrox insider confirmed some of the alleged irregularities were financial, but said this was not the main or sole thrust of an inquiry that is now under way at the Glasgow club.

On Bain - understood currently to be in the United States - and McIntyre, he added: "They remain on the board for now as they are only suspended."

The club, he explained, had to act immediately to satisfy stock market rules: "As soon as the irregularities were uncovered, they were duty bound to make the suspensions."

Alastair Johnston and Paul Murray were removed as directors of Rangers late yesterday with the news being announced to the Stock Exchange this morning.

An Ibrox insider said: "Johnston was in America and spoken to by conference call from a board meeting in Ibrox. He was offered the chance to resign but refused, so he has been removed."

It was not clear what lies ahead for other high-profile directors. Dave King was not in the meeting and was not contacted during the conference call.

The Ibrox source said: "Like John Greig, he remains on the board as well as John McClelland."

Former player and manager Greig is a non-exective director, while McClelland is the board's executive vice-chairmam

Removed and resigned are Polar opposites. You are removed from somewhere when they don't want you there.

You resign by your own hand.

all in laymens terms. :D

If i was AJ andPaul Murray and i had resigned under my own steam and Rangers had released this stament which is a black mark on their CV i would be suing.

I've done plenty of these in the past, albeit not for plcs, and the wording would not always reflect the reality. However given the Record's report, it seems that the wording was intentional, and it's disappointing that we are doing it all in public.

I've done plenty of these in the past, albeit not for plcs, and the wording would not always reflect the reality. However given the Record's report, it seems that the wording was intentional, and it's disappointing that we are doing it all in public.

I disagree. I'd rather the new regime got this done and dusted ASAP and in the public domain. it was always going to happen, i personally feel that because we are not used to major upheaval in the boardroom at Ibrox it has caught us cold, sort of like the Rabbit caught in the headlights.

I would hope CW has some sort of official statement about todays news in the next day or two.

The worrying thing for me is we still don't know anything about CW???. It is a wee bit uncomfortable with me just now.

I agree, but i am behind him 100% as i do firmly believe that SDM will only have sold to a good guy that can take us forwards.

maybe he wants to sort out the boardroom first, get his own guys in. Have the first proper boardroom meeting including Ally, then he'll come out and have a proper open mike ask what you want press conff?

I agree, but i am behind him 100% as i do firmly believe that SDM will only have sold to a good guy that can take us forwards.

maybe he wants to sort out the boardroom first, get his own guys in. Have the first proper boardroom meeting including Ally, then he'll come out and have a proper open mike ask what you want press conff?

I agree. CW seems to be having a clear out,which can only be good. Still uneasy with it all the same

I agree. CW seems to be having a clear out,which can only be good. Still uneasy with it all the same

He was always going to do it, it's no surprise, it's the "Baingate" i'm worried about. This could lead to people going to jail