DJ Rangers Football Club Plc Directorate Change

New Rangers owner Craig Whyte has axed chairman Alastair Johnston and director Paul Murray after they refused to resign from the Ibrox board.

And as he exerts full control over the club he bought earlier this month in a �£52.5million deal, chief executive Martin Bain, finance director Donald McIntyre and director Dave King are also on their way out of the club.

Bain and McIntyre have been suspended on full pay as an internal enquiry is launched into contractual issues, believed to include on what terms any severance would be based on.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/power-rangers-1.1103230

Edited by sairdy

So how are they able to "fire" AJ? I don't believe that they can legally do that.

Transparency? Does that include leaking information to a rag like the Daily Record to inform the fans about the suspension of 2 directors rather than formally releasing it? Perhaps it does, but it's not the way that things are normally conducted in a board room and it's not the way that I believe our club should be acting.

We do not have the full facts and I'm not saying that the actions have not been justified but the release of snippets and innuendo to chosen members of the press could be done slightly differently.

I have no info on how the record got their story so I cannot comment on that but it was obviously announced to the stock-market, so they could have got it from there. I have not looked at the main site but it could have been announced there. The media is also a way to reach the fans quickly that is why we are discussing this now and I have totally no problem that information is passed on that way. Surely you can better tell them the truth rather than people making up stories. just my view on things.

There's certain things that should be correctly dealt with in private.

We have been on a high and have had the pages filled with positive news and now we are getting all this negative stuff.

As rbr says, many would expect to go, and I don't see why it could have not been done without the negative spin.

I don't see this as negative, I see this as winds of change.

So you believe that EVERYTHING should be out in the open and public ?

So McCoist should confirm all of his transfer targets ?

Come on, you know that some things are definitely better dealt with in private.

I don't think the club can win either way. If it doesn't tell us what's going on, we moan we're being kept in the dark. If it does, we complain of dirty laundry being aired.

I don't really see how any of this could have been done without informing the supporters anyway. We'd have asked why Bain was being suspended, why Johnston had been removed instead of resigned.

Instead I'm seeing a hard core on this forum who seem displeased with this new regime and are starting to lean towards preferring the old one. That's the way it looks to me.

I have no info on how the record got their story so I cannot comment on that but it was obviously announced to the stock-market, so they could have got it from there. I have not looked at the main site but it could have been announced there.

It wasn't and it wasn't.

Johnston is really taking potshots at Whyte in the press now.

Johnston cant make his mind up on anything these days , I just wish he had had an opinion when Murray was driving us into the gutter , strange he's found a set of baws now