Maybe this is just a gut instinct from AJ? Or maybe he has been shown something about CW that suggests that he can't take us forwards in the ways he's promised?

Going by his official statements while still chairman, it sounds more like it's about what he's NOT been shown rather than something he's been shown. In other words he wasn't shown enough to satisfy him that the takeover was going to be good for the club and he wasn't shown a detailed plan for the future including details of funding. That's my take on the whole thing anyway.

Going by his official statements while still chairman, it sounds more like it's about what he's NOT been shown rather than something he's been shown. In other words he wasn't shown enough to satisfy him that the takeover was going to be good for the club and he wasn't shown a detailed plan for the future including details of funding. That's my take on the whole thing anyway.

yeah makes sense

I think AJ should just keep his mouth shut,I don't know why he is coming out telling us fans to be wary??,we have been wary for years now as to whether we are going to die as a club while he has been on the board. CW has taken over and has made promises to take us forward,we can do nothing now but hope he does just that.SDM allowed CW to take over the Rangers so he must see something in him, I'm just glad Murray has gone and now let's look forward to a new era and new people in charge.

My worries also, I don't know what he expects the supporters to do.

My worries also, I don't know what he expects the supporters to do.

AJ will know that the takeover has largely been met with enthusiasm by the fans and that we're expecting a decent investment in the playing squad by Whyte. If AJ hasn't seen any evidence that funding for investment in the squad is there or where it's going to come from, then now that he's been 'removed' or sacked it would look as if he's urging the fans to push the issue and ask questions of Whyte. A lot of fans seem to have blind faith in our new owner and it looks as though AJ realises this and is basically just saying that it's over to us to apply pressure. The only way to do that at the moment is to get the message to the media that some fans are uneasy about our now ex-chairman's scepticism and want to know what Whyte's immediate and longer term plans are.

Is it really fathomable a guy's taken us over, made modest-decent promises, and can't actually take them forward? That's the question. Personally I'm not sure anyone would put themselves into the limelight to be so thoroughly hated if he's as bad as some fear. Unless, of course, he can see a financial angle everyone else cant and is willing to make money and do the off and just live with the hatred as the Man Who Destroyed Rangers or whatever.

One thing anyone involved in the M&A game will confirm is that, in the end, it's almost always personal. Even the most experienced and apparently pragmatic businessmen are capable of acting like school kids when egos get bruised.

AJ will know that the takeover has largely been met with enthusiasm by the fans and that we're expecting a decent investment in the playing squad by Whyte. If AJ hasn't seen any evidence that funding for investment in the squad is there or where it's going to come from, then now that he's been 'removed' or sacked it would look as if he's urging the fans to push the issue and ask questions of Whyte. A lot of fans seem to have blind faith in our new owner and it looks as though AJ realises this and is basically just saying that it's over to us to apply pressure. The only way to do that at the moment is to get the message to the media that some fans are uneasy about our now ex-chairman's scepticism and want to know what Whyte's immediate and longer term plans are.

I posted this about 3 weeks ago ......... 'I can understand this, but we have to start asking questions, or we will continue to be treated as mushrooms.

We have to make sure no one treats us, or the Club, in the way Murray did. No more Dictators'.

But then as the saying goes ......It's Whytes baw and he can do what he wants'.