My feeling is now, that Bain negotiated his "own" contract and took the wage rise during a time at OIbrox when we all knew we had money problems.

While nothing illegal has been done it's not good practise when in reality he should have taken a wage reduction in that time to send out the right message to us as fans.

My feeling is now, that Bain negotiated his "own" contract and took the wage rise during a time at OIbrox when we all knew we had money problems.

While nothing illegal has been done it's not good practise when in reality he should have taken a wage reduction in that time to send out the right message to us as fans.

If they are run properly then there would be a compensation committee to determine Bain's wage increase and/or bonuses. Even if there is no comp Committee his wages would be verified by the Board. I would be absolutely astounded if RFC didnt have one of these practices in place or, if not, then some other independent determination of the CEO's salary.

I highly doubt you are right Bears, but obviously you could be.

If they are run properly then there would be a compensation committee to determine Bain's wage increase and/or bonuses. Even if there is no comp Committee his wages would be verified by the Board. I would be absolutely astounded if RFC didnt have one of these practices in place or, if not, then some other independent determination of the CEO's salary.

I highly doubt you are right Bears, but obviously you could be.

Fair dooz. I have no clue about all that side of business, just putting it out there :D

I thought Martin Bain had taken a wage reduction when we were in trouble and was given a rise again when we got out of trouble? Or am I wrong?

I thought Martin Bain had taken a wage reduction when we were in trouble and was given a rise again when we got out of trouble? Or am I wrong?

He seems to have a (very large) bonus structure in place so that in good years he earns more than in bad years. I'd be surprised if he took a pay cut.

He seems to have a (very large) bonus structure in place so that in good years he earns more than in bad years. I'd be surprised if he took a pay cut.

I'm sure I read a while back that he'd taken a pay cut when we were in financial trouble. It was from a better source than someone on a forum as well, but I can't remember what the exact source was.

Been racking my brain, but still can't remember the source BD. I'm sure I read about it in the winter of '09 when our financial problems were big news. Think he took a cut of 150 or 200 grand. You can find out I'm sure... ;)

I think CW has showed a lot of balls, so far!!, and would not take these steps if he didn't think it is right for Rangers. Time will tell if he is proved correct but I certainly like the way he has gone about his business, so far!!. I must admit I do admire his style,so far!!. Again time will tell.