Bougherra to leave this summer after invoking FIFA contract clause says Daily Fail

The abuse that Bougherra is getting online over this story is unreal. It isn't even confirmed as being true yet FFS.. :ffs:

He doesn't help himself though. Whoring himself to clubs left, right and centre, coming back late not once but twice from international duty and now this!

Ach well, maybe people should not jump to conclusions that quickly. The first line says it all: "It is understood ..."

If we go by that word alone, nigh half the squad would be away and we would have signed people from here to just left of the Saturn rings.

Anyways, he's a professional footballer. He does his job and quite well. If he wants to pursue his career somewhere else and a bit earlier than we think, so be it. No harsh feelings over here. In essence, very few players will ever show a heart-felt loyalty* to a club and break their necks to perform to the best of their ability. Whether they are actualkly (supposedly) Rangers-fans or not. Thus I do by default not expect any Klos or Albertz, Weiss, Laudrup or Gattuso feelings in every player at our club. And I sure as hell don't give Timothy any ammunition and want to chase him out ASAP. All I have to say is "Thanks for the memories and farethee well!"

*Thatswhy I'd keep Healy for another season (and get shot of Beattie).

Edited by der Berliner

According to an Express journalist , Bougherra is now denying it , oh its a long summer ahead.

For anyone on twitter his ff is scotburns75 , says he has " spoken" to Bougherra directly.

Edited by rbr

Lets face it, true or not, he's moving into the last 12 months of his contract so the ball is in his court. If he wants away, I'd hope he's already signalled his intentions to Ally so that he can secure a decent fee, and so that he can make moves for a replacement. �£3m fee that the story quotes us as demanding seems quite ambitious when you consider his initial purchase price as well as the likely value of his last year in contract. �£1.5m to �£2m would seem to be a fairer value and to be honest, if a club in the PL was looking at him, I can't see them being priced out of a move at those numbers and therefore the whole premise of this story, i.e. that he wants to move on his terms in case we try to scare away bidders with a ridiculous fee demand, seems rather speculative.

If he doesnt want to stay and we are looking for 3 mill for him whilst he can buy out his contract for 1 mill, he will use the rules to his advantage. That is the way it works in most professions.

All he is doing is using the rules, regardless of how much it disappoints all of us.

Agree with Craig here. Aye, he's being a prick in our eyes by going about it this way and I say good riddance to any player that wants away, but you can't blame the guy for widening his options by cutting his price.

Edit: he's clearly been advised to do this as nobody's interested....

Edited by Cotter

Good luck to him.He obviously sees a better life for him and his family elsewhere. he was a great player for us and should be remembered so.

Best of luck :)

Great? Cuellar was great, Boumsong was great. Bougherra is and was average with the occasional purple patch. I'm not sure why you wish him so well when he's allegedly screwing over the club you're supposed to love.