Hearts star Craig Thomson put on sex offenders' register

JJ will be fired for not towing Vlad's mad line.

Which is the lesser of two evils if you ask me.

If JJ selects him he'll get abuse off the media and fans. I think he'd prefer to get sacked because he knows he'll find another job fairly easy.

What he's done is horrendous, but does ask the question - should people on the sex offenders list be banned from employment? If they shouldn't be allowed a profession, what job should they be allowed to do?

It's a difficult question that many don't seem to have thought about...

I see Hearts have suspended him.

Good question cal. Hounding him out the game may not be the solution as he may have nothing to fall back on.... and potentially makes him an even greater threat.

Scottish Sun.

SHAMED Hearts player Craig Thomson targeted "dozens" of underage victims in vile web chats, it was claimed last night.

A sickened teenager came forward to tell how Thomson, 20, pursued her for more than three years.

The girl - just 15 when her own ordeal began - revealed the pervert sent her a snap of his private parts and asked her to expose her breasts to him.

She told how the SPL player even suggested a seedy THREESOME with her boyfriend.

And the angry victim insisted "dozens" of young girls known to her were subjected to similar ordeals, saying: "We are known as the Tommo Club."

She added: "He thought that because he was a footballer he could get whatever he wanted.

"But he's not just destroyed his victims' lives, he's really let down his family."

Thomson was brought to justice last week when he was convicted of having vile sex chats with two underage girls, aged 14 and 12.

But his latest alleged victim - who asked not to be named - said she and several of her friends suffered the same sickening treatment.

The girl, now nearly 18, told how she was targeted on Facebook and MSN while she was still at school.

At her home in Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, she said: "I kept saying 'No' and I rejected the photo of his privates when I realised what it was.

"But it got really annoying when he continued. Then I realised no girl should be asked those questions.

"I actually called him every name I could think of, 'pervert', 'paedo' - he made me feel sick."

The teenager told how Thomson became increasingly crude as he continued to pester her over a three-year period.

She added: "When I had a boyfriend, he started asking for threesomes. He actually asked if I'd prefer it if my boyfriend was there.

"He made repeated requests for me to go on my webcam and show him my breasts.

"He asked me to take pictures of my boobs as well and send them to him. I always said my webcam was broken."

Thomson, of Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, pled guilty to pestering two schoolgirls online. He was fined �£4,000 at Edinburgh Sheriff Court and placed on the sex register.

But Hearts chiefs have refused to sack him - despite calls from victims' families, fans and child protection groups to end the player's career.

And, incredibly, Thomson has now issued a statement through his lawyers asking for RESPECT.

The statement read: "Craig Thomson would ask the Hearts fans and wider public to respect the judgement both of the court and Heart of Midlothian Football Club; to recognise that the Sheriff who heard all the relevant facts and circumstances did not consider him to be a risk to the public and accordingly did not impose any restrictions on his movements or association with young people."

The latest girl said Thomson had pursued her for three years before she finally found the courage to tell her mum - just weeks before he was finally exposed as a sex pest and arrested last summer.

She told how after Thomson sent a friend request to her on Facebook in 2008, he would appear online, -mainly in the evenings and open his chat with a civilised 'Hi, how are you?'. She added: "Then somehow he'd start making his vulgar requests."

She said: "He knew all of his victims. Some girls, he knew from primary school.

"He wasn't the only one doing this - a few people who tried to chat up under-agers on the internet. But none of them tried to send photos of their privates."

When Thomson began requesting threesomes, the girl told older family members.

But she said they decided against contacting the police and instead tried to warn Thomson's family.

The girl added: "You think internet predators are strangers, but not always."

And she said she now wanted to speak out to expose the extent of Thomson's depravity.

She said: "Most girls my age from the area have thought he is sickening and revolting for a long time.

"It didn't matter how many times you said 'No' he just kept on asking. He just wanted sex. He needs help. Me and my friends are all over 16 now - but he moved on to younger girls."

When asked about the fresh accusations last night Thomson's agent Gary Mackay said: "That is not something I would comment on."

Thomson's dad, David, 48, simply said "Phone Hearts", while a club spokesman refused to comment.

Craig Thomson asks Jim Jefferies "when's it OK to have sex with young girls? Jim Jefferies replies "It's legal once they've left school." Craig Thomson says "Rool on 4 o'clock!"

Hearts squad numbers for the new season are about to be released. Craig Thomson is looking for 12 or 14 but will be happy with anything under 16.

The problem with Thomson is that his crime has been committed in a position of the public spotlight. It's not like some Joe Bloggs who is done for something like this, which might get on the news, and is then forgotten.

Thomson is a footballer, and as such the limelight is on him much more than in a job which isn't so exposed.

I do find it ridiculous though that Mad Vlad has literally put the blame on the Mafia.