Do we miss Ricksen?

Yeah probably we do....i remember posting at the time of his departure that i was glad to see the back of him and i still think it was the right thing to do as he was losing the plot and becoming a liability...allied with the fact he never kicked a ball last season...but if there was one thing nando had and that was presence...defence or midfield he let the opposition know he was there...i preferred him in midfield as i thought he was too slow as a RB...but maybe he would provide us with a bit of steel sadly missing from the team right now and take the pressure off ferguson to win the ball....anyway its a moot point as he wont be back...but just a thought that wandered into my cranium...

It depends which Ricksen turns up - the idiotic, slightly psychotic thug, the lazy, uninterested passenger or the passionate, determined, inspirational leader. He's too much of a Jekyll and hyde player but if it was the latter player who inspired us to helicopter sunday, then yeah we miss him.

Here's me thinking Ricksen had questionable loyalty, awful positioning, poor discipline, was inconsistent, contributed to a terrible domestic season and was overall a very average player - now people want him back?

Same goes for Lovenkrands, Soti, Andrews or any player of recent years.

I know we're doing badly at the moment and sure the existing guys have hardly been superb but let's look forward not back at players who were epitomy of inconsistency and underachievement.

He, like Soti, was a car crash waiting to happen on the pitch. Apart from when his contract was about to run out obviously and then the other Ricksen turned up. No way we need him back, there's no-one here just now with as bad an attitude problem as he has.