Ness & Fleck have both been part of the first team for longer than Wylde IIRC, so maybe he shouldn't be on exactly the same as them, but if the �£800 vs �£1500 story is true then he should definitely be on more than �£800 for a new 3 year deal. If I was Wylde I wouldn't be gready. I'd just go to Coisty and ask for a quick chat, then tell him that I want to sign a new deal and stay, but I'd like �£1200 a week or something like that.

It's worth noting as well that anything over about �£750 a week in the UK puts you in the 40% income tax bracket, so he might be taking home a hell of a lot less than �£800. Maybe he should ask for a �£60 wage reduction then he'd be taking home more money! :D

Ness & Fleck have both been part of the first team for longer than Wylde IIRC, so maybe he shouldn't be on exactly the same as them, but if the �£800 vs �£1500 story is true then he should definitely be on more than �£800 for a new 3 year deal. If I was Wylde I wouldn't be gready. I'd just go to Coisty and ask for a quick chat, then tell him that I want to sign a new deal and stay, but I'd like �£1200 a week or something like that.

It's worth noting as well that anything over about �£750 a week in the UK puts you in the 40% income tax bracket, so he might be taking home a hell of a lot less than �£800. Maybe he should ask for a �£60 wage reduction then he'd be taking home more money! :D

They may have been involved in the 1st team squad for longer than Wylde but Wylde has more appearances than Ness (17 vs 10), and it could be contested that Wylde's contribution to the team has been as good, if not better, than both Ness & Fleck. Given that I dont see why he shouldnt be on parity. as things stand it would appear that Wylde is more likely to get playing time than Fleck as of right now. Yes, it could change but he does seem to be higher in the pecking order.

40% tax..... another topic for another time for another thread :D

Wylde only got that good run of games because Weiss got injured Craig. If Ally brings in another good left winger Wylde won't be getting that many starts, but I do agree with you that he should probably be on the same as the other young guys like Ness & Fleck. The thing is though that if he's smart he won't be gready and try to play hard ball. He should just ask for a bit more money in the new deal, but not ask for parity with any particular player x, y or z.

40% tax..... another topic for another time for another thread :D

I bet there's a fair chance it's the reason why that lad Hemed went to Spain. Well, there's also playing in a better league, the sunshine, the great food and the gorgeous Spanish women... :D

Guest Dutchy

Zappa for chancellor, well at least accountant for bank excutives bonuses.:D

I like Wylde, he's a real prospect and I'm surprised that we're haggling over a couple of �£100, here and there.

I understand that he's still quite raw and there need for a whole lot of improvement, but I'd rather he improved with us than went elsewhere.

Someone needs to show some vision here as we surely will have rely on more and more youngsters in the future, due the the money side of Scottish football and Rangers finacial statein particular. I'd rather take a chance on a raw youngster than spending �£1 or 2 million on someone that may not like the culture.

There's been a few.:frown:

I like Wylde, he's a real prospect and I'm surprised that we're haggling over a couple of �£100, here and there.

I understand that he's still quite raw and there need for a whole lot of improvement, but I'd rather he improved with us than went elsewhere.

You're spot on here. They should ask him what he wants, come to an agreement, draw up the contract and get him signed. You can be sure he wants to stay, so if it's only a few hundred quid a week extra, they should just get it sorted. I'm pretty sure they will get it sorted btw.

It points towards that old moral of don't burst your arse at work cause no one will notice. IMO Wylde IS worth 1.5 thousand a week easy. He's proved it. I don't think it send out a great message to young players. What's the point in progressing and playing 20 plus games and impressing if you're not going to be offered a fair contract?

But also Wylde should play his cards carefully or he'll just be another Danny Wilson.

Think about it, for him to lets say,sign a new 3 year deal,by the time he reaches 22/23 he'll still be on 800 a week which for a lad playing for the champions of Scotland and in Europe and soon to be an international is pretty piss poor from the players point of view.

40k for a 19 yr old who has contributed to a league and cup-double winning season seems LOW to me. You cant compare a 19 yr old footballer with a 19 yr old labourer.

I don't know which world you live in but 40k for a 19 year old labourer? No chance! Sticking in at school, spending 4 years at university and then gaining 20 years of professional experience rarely even gets you that in most careers - unless you're an accountant. In fact the average for 20+ years experience in the Uk is just under �£39k.

Footballers are greedy enough as it is without fans saying they should be earning even more. Saying 40k is peanuts for a raw 19 year old is incredibly insulting to 90% of the fans who pay for his wages and that earn less.

Perhaps all the rich fans who think they should earn more should pay something like 10% of their salary into a fund for these poor, underpaid wretches.