Right I know many people have either overreacted or are completely underwhelmed in regards to this years pre-season but I find myself asking the question... is this a blessing in disguise?

I mean at the start of the transfer window Ally probably thought he needed a number of squad players and maybe 1 or 2 first team players, now after the last few results (although I doubt you will here him say it aloud) he finds himself in a position where he must have realised that this squad needs a major freshen up.

I really hope that now he not only talks about signings but actually goes out and makes some.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

You have a point that it might have struck Ally he needs at least 2 more first teamers. I think everything knew this pre-season though.

The other blessing in disguise might be that things have went wrong in friendlies rather than during the season.

Guest carmylebear

If he did not know before now that he needed new first team players than I have to say I am worried. A blind man knew this was the case even before the end of last season so surely he must have also. Just hope he has a few players in mind.

We certainly need a new centre half and more full back cover, I love Sir Davie Weir but we need better and younger. Same goes with McCulloch I hope I am proved wrong as I do quite like him also but we have seen the best of him and he should be a squad player at best although I'm sure he will do OK in the SPL when played but in Europe I doubt it. I am not panicking yet but the SPL starts soon and we need to get off to a good start for everyone's sake, we need new players in now Rangers.