So, who exactly is assistant manager?

When Walter was in charge, Ally was the assistant and iirc, Kenny was the first team coach or something along these lines.

Is it Durrant or McDowall who's been promoted now to assistant manager?

Personally I'd much rather have had Ray Wilkins than either of them, but hey.

I believe its McDowall.

But like you Danny id prefer someone like Wilkins.

IMO the No.2 is in some cases as important as the manager and having an experienced No.2 is key. McDowall will be good around the place though.

Ally as manager picks his assistant (surely!) - He has many people that he can depend on, what baffles me is....Why Kenny McDowell?

Maybe he knows something I dont know. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.

Not trying to cause a stooshie here, but I think someone with a more 'Gers connection' would be more appropriate at this given time.

Ally as manager picks his assistant (surely!) - He has many people that he can depend on, what baffles me is....Why Kenny McDowell?

Maybe he knows something I dont know. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.

Not trying to cause a stooshie here, but I think someone with a more 'Gers connection' would be more appropriate at this given time.

To my mind it would maybe have been better to leave Kenny McDowell as the first team coach and either appoint Ian Durrant as assistant manager or find someone else, but there's so many different ways of looking at it that it's difficult to say what would have been best. I've always thought that the idea of bringing in someone like Ray Wilkins was pie-in-the-sky.

It was always going to be either McDowell or Durrant as assistant manager and the conclusion I've come to is that Kenny McDowell was given the job because he deserves the chance to have a stepping-stone towards a becoming an actual manager after his contribution to coaching. It was always Walter, Ally & Kenny these past few years and now it's Ally, Kenny & Ian, so it's a natural progression really.

I was initially concerned about it, but now it all seems logical because the three of them will work as a team drawing off each others experience. I'm confident that they can be successful, but they might need time. I'd hate to see them hounded out before they even manage to get out of the starting blocks.