Turks name Kenny Miller price

Don't take the thread off-topic!

This is about Boyd, no, sorry, Miller! :devil:

I think we've learned over the years that there's almost no topics or threads that aren't potentially Boyd carnage. :)

Rangers left it too late to re-sign Kenny Miller

Kenny Miller has said that Rangers did not get in contact with him over a move back to Ibrox until he was in discussions with Cardiff.

Kenny Miller says Rangers left it too late to try and take him back to Ibrox, saying he had already committed to Cardiff City before his old club made an approach.

Miller was looking for a club in the UK after failing to settle at Bursaspor, and was subject of interest from his former employers.

However, the Scotland forward admits that he had no discussions with Rangers, and that he is pleased to have secured a move to the Welsh capital.

"A lot of things were said over the last month or so saying Rangers were interested,” said Miller. “But I will be honest with you, we hadn’t spoken to them at all.

"I know they’ve bid for other targets but it was pretty much late in the day that they came in and made the phone call to see what the situation was.

"But at that time I was well down the road with the gaffer [Malky Mackay] and I just felt it would have been wrong to do a U-turn at that time.

"I had spoken to Malky and given him my word. I was more than happy to come here and I felt like I had to stick to that."

Miller has had two previous spells at Rangers, scoring 66 goals in four full seasons at Ibrox.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/264269-rangers-left-it-too-late-to-re-sign-kenny-miller/

• The first time I know of that Kenny Miller insulted Rangers was when he joined Celtic.
  • After being at other clubs including our enemy, Rangers bought him back, paid him very well and transformed his career again.
  • The second time he insulted Rangers was mouthing off about his contract offer from Rangers after he left for his big money in Turkey.
  • Now he's mouthing off about our transfer dealings again.

I've had more than enough. Good luck in the Championship to the disloyal mercenary.

Cant see much wrong in what he has said. He has obviously been asked the question on why he didnt move back to Ibrox yet he is probably right they didnt speak at all as our bid was knocked back so that would have been the end of it, we cant talk to a player when an offer hasnt been accepted. Our offer should have been upped but it wasnt, as he says we made a phone call to check the situation which isnt the same as an offer. Miller would be desperate to get a move out of turkey so agreed a deal with Cardiff.

Cant see much wrong in what he has said. He has obviously been asked the question on why he didnt move back to Ibrox yet he is probably right they didnt speak at all as our bid was knocked back so that would have been the end of it, we cant talk to a player when an offer hasnt been accepted. Our offer should have been upped but it wasnt, as he says we made a phone call to check the situation which isnt the same as an offer. Miller would be desperate to get a move out of turkey so agreed a deal with Cardiff.

That's exactly how I would look at it if it wasn't for the fact that he doesn't have any loyalty to our club. People wanted to bring him back to Rangers when it's perfectly clear that he just wants to make money and it doesn't matter where he plays. Did he have a deadline to meet like a mortgage or something? I think it would need to be a Palace before he was in financial trouble.

Bottom line is Cardiff almost certainly gave him a higher wage than we could afford. For someone who was desperate to return to us, he sure changed his tune quickly when they came in for him.

He doesn't have any loyalty to anyone, but it's a rare thing to see a footballer who does.

As far as I'm concerned, noone could doubt his 'loyalty' when he was contracted to Rangers, his performances showed that. I doubt many on here would choose an employer that is paying less than the other and, as mentioned, we never even got to the bidding stage. With our current track record, there was no guarantee that we would have matched the asking price before the end of the window.

Bottom line is Cardiff almost certainly gave him a higher wage than we could afford. For someone who was desperate to return to us, he sure changed his tune quickly when they came in for him.

He doesn't have any loyalty to anyone, but it's a rare thing to see a footballer who does.

No, the bottom line was that he changed his tune when Rangers wouldn't meet the fee to buy him.

He didn't have the option to return to us.