Lessons today for Ally

Nobody need be embarrassed by it but I simply fail to see how having everybody back at a corner is the best policy. Zero pressure when the ball is cleared means it is coming right back, effectively a second corner.

If opponents leave one person back at a corner if it breaks then if one of our players stays up it forces them into having an additional body back there, leaving them with fewer bodies to attack the ball.

Only my opinion but I hate leaving nobody up at a defensive corner.

You are as well copying Rugby, and kicking the ball out as far up the park as possible.

At least it would give you a few extra seconds to get up the park.

It's embarassing because it looks amateurish.

Edited by chilledbear

Nobody need be embarrassed by it but I simply fail to see how having everybody back at a corner is the best policy. Zero pressure when the ball is cleared means it is coming right back, effectively a second corner.

If opponents leave one person back at a corner if it breaks then if one of our players stays up it forces them into having an additional body back there, leaving them with fewer bodies to attack the ball.

Only my opinion but I hate leaving nobody up at a defensive corner.

There was an awesome post on FF explaining the tactical reasons behind having everyone back at corners. Not relating to Rangers, just the tactical reasons in general. If I get time i'll try and find it as it woudl be too difficult for me to try and remember it and regurgitate the info.

Must be an awful lot of amateurish teams out there then?