Juhasz admits Gers hope

ANDERLECHT have vowed they won't be bullied into flogging Roland Juhasz to Rangers.

Gers had a fifth bid for the �£3.5million-rated Juhasz thrown out by the Belgians on Monday as they seek a replacement for Qatar-bound Madjid Bougherra.

Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck said: "Rangers made us what they said was a last offer for Juhasz but we said No.

"They know what our demands are and they haven't met them.

"We don't want to sell Roland, we want to keep him at our club.

"For that reason we set a price we would sell him for and we'll stick to it.

"There is a difference between what we want and what Rangers have offered so because of that we have no agreement.

"For Rangers the difference may not be huge, but for us it is a big difference.

"There is no other club involved and I don't know if Rangers will come back with a new offer."

Gers boss Ally McCoist has failed to land Kenny Miller, David Goodwillie, Murray Davidson, Carlos Cuellar, Neil Dann, Craig Conway, Tomer Hemed and Wesley Verhoek in a summer of transfer woe.

It remains to be seen if Gers can revive a deal for Juhasz or Verhoek - who snubbed a move to Nottingham Forest for personal reasons - before the transfer window closes.

Verhoek, 24, was set to undergo a medical at the City Ground yesterday.

But he stunned Forest boss Steve McClaren when he rang to say he was staying in Holland. Gers have had three bids for the winger rejected by Den Haag.

Forest met the Dutch club's �£2million valuation of the player, but the deal collapsed at the 11th hour.

SunSport understands Verhoek is now poised for a move to Vitesse Arnhem.

Meanwhile, former Ibrox stopper Craig Moore reckons fellow Aussie Matt McKay will be a huge success at Gers.

Brisbane Roar midfielder McKay is expected to sign in a �£320,000 deal this week.

Moore said: "Matt will be excellent for Rangers and it will give him great experience at a level he needs to be playing at.

"If he stays in Australia for the next three years he won't make the World Cup squad."

Roar boss Ange Postecoglou admits he expects McKay to quit Oz.

Postecoglou said: "Matt's very happy here, so it won't be an easy decision for him because Rangers are a huge club.

"But it would give him the opportunity to experience something he hasn't sampled in his career.

"But he's also playing fantastic football for us, he's in the national team and still has a good chance of making the next World Cup."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3743344/You-wont-bully-us-into-selling-Roland.html#ixzz1UZxspD79

I actually think Anderlecht value him more than �£3.5m maybe that was the price negotiated down to, who knows? I saw over the weekend it was �£4.4m they were wanting, anyway, not sure what we will do now.

I am strongly inclined to believe the line that we haven't bid enough. Seems a lot more plausible given our business so far.

We didn't bid enough for most of the players we supposedly REALLY wanted and the end result has yet to be seen. We'll see and be able to evaluate what the final situation is on the 1st of September. I'm thinking we're just being prudent and not willing to be paying over the odds, but you have to wonder what's going on when we keep falling short of the mark on what clubs are willing to sell for. Maybe it's just the media circus having a field day, but it all seems quite strange at the moment.

I actually think Anderlecht value him more than �£3.5m maybe that was the price negotiated down to, who knows? I saw over the weekend it was �£4.4m they were wanting, anyway, not sure what we will do now.

As ever, we don't know what to believe. I'm inclined to believe the latest STV story that we only bid 3 million euros in our last effort. If that's true, then it's around a million euros off the mark.

I haven't seen him play but this guy seems to be a quality defender from people who have seen him play, the Belgium league is no EPL in terms of transfer hype prices. I would have thought if we have offered 3.5m for him should have been enough to get him even with a sell on clause etc again maybe it is down to whoever is dealing with the negotiations at our club.

I feel this deal is now dead unless we up our offer which i doubt very much.