Why haven't we seen more of McMillan and Perry until now?

These young guys are very very good players. They're slightly inexperienced at professional level, but what they lack in experience, they seem to make up for in other parts of their game and they both showed it today. I think now is the time for these guys and if they play like that again for us I'd be signing them up on new deals or contract extensions because we can't be losing our younger players of that quality unless it's for decent money.

How long do they have on their contracts?

These young guys are very very good players. They're slightly inexperienced at professional level, but what they lack in experience, they seem to make up for in other parts of their game and they both showed it today. I think now is the time for these guys and if they play like that again for us I'd be signing them up on new deals or contract extensions because we can't be losing our younger players of that quality unless it's for decent money.

How long do they have on their contracts?

Agree Zappa. First time I've seen the Rangers this season,and these young players,and from what I've seen today they look class,they never put a foot wrong and for me it was so satisfying to know we have them ready for first team action.

MacMillan has recent signed a new deal. I think injuries and lack of defensive options has played a part in Perry playing obviously with Bartley, Broadfoot, Weir, Papac injured, Bocanegra with visa issues, selling boogie but he has shown now he deserves some game time. Hopefully we play these lads all through the league cup but I can't see it as McCoist will be wanting his first trophy asap.

Agree Zappa. First time I've seen the Rangers this season,and these young players,and from what I've seen today they look class,they never put a foot wrong and for me it was so satisfying to know we have them ready for first team action.

I didn't get home until 30 mins or so into the 1st half today mate, but from what I seen of these guys for the rest of the game, I was definitely impressed. McMillan didn't lose the ball very often on the right wing and Perry made some really important blocks and clearances. McMillan tracked players well and also made some very well timed tackles. I was definitely impressed, but Craig was saying I missed some mistakes from McMillan in the 1st half, so I can't talk about those.

We need to get into a position at the club where we are run on an even keel financially season on season without Europe , then and only then will young guys like those mentioned get the chance to progress without the pressure of getting results thrust upon them ,at the moment we are continually under pressure to bring in players to win in Europe and also win the league every year , the pressure is immense there is no breathing space for young players.

Some will use the arguement that if you are good enough age doesnt come into it , but even in the EPL with their inflated squads young players are nurtured and eased into the grind of full on seasons , we dont need these kids burnt out or even worse getting too big for themselves , we have a hell of a bad habit of over hyping young players then turning on them after a few bad weeks ,I hope ally uses them wisely and we get the best out of them for years to come.

Guest Kasper

I'm glad that McMillan finally seems to be getting his chance. It's a huge opportunity for him and I hope he takes it with both hands.

He's just one of those youth players that seems to have always been around.

It was a really big game today and all the kids more than stood up to the task. Motherwell played some pretty football as well and made them earn their corn.

There good form will put pressure on the regular picks and i reckon there will be fierce competition for places, which can only be good for the club.

Edu, Whittaker and a few others had better watch their backs or they will be the ones with their arses on the bench on match day!

The only real mistakes he made Zappa were positional in nature. Got caught wrong side a couple of times going up in the air against Higdon - and Higdon can handle himself.

I would definitely give him game time. Confident, good first touch, assured. Both he and Perry should get some game time this season - but they should NOT be playing every game IMO - they need to be nurtured. And we have enough in their positions in the squad for that to happen. I would keep them in the team for now - however, I wouldnt be surprised if McCoist drops them for the Maribor game - and I wouldnt be disappointed if he does so. A manager needs to make decisions to win games and this Europa tie is crucial. I certainly wouldnt be bemoaning McCoist if he went for experience.

Thought McMillan and Perry where immense today never put a foot wrong, McMillan looks a cross between Whittaker and broadfoot got the attack of Whittaker and the no nonsense defence of big Kirk and Perry looks a Rangers captain in the making.