Any Lafferty haters on here?

You cant really pull the I told you so card. Your views on him on here flip-flopped when you first arrived.

Pure crap. I once suggested that he had lost his form and might struggle to regain it.

Apart from that I can not only pull the card but wave it all over the place, in fact slapping your bunnet off in the process.

I personally treat every player in the same manner by saying exactly what I think about them. That means that my opinion of them changes along with their form. Even players who I just don't rate as particularly good footballers like Edu and Jig will get praise from me when they deserve praise for a good performance.

In the case of Kyle Lafferty I don't think it's very fair to judge him based on his performances when played on the wing, which was quite often in his first couple of seasons with us. Last season he was mainly used as a striker other than a few occasions and he showed definite signs of improvement when given the chance up front. He scored 11 league goals and another 4 in the cups giving us 15 goals in 43 appearances. Not as good a scoring rate as our best strikers over the past few seasons, but not bad either.

22-33? You just pluck numbers and stats from thin air in an attempt to make your arguement sound good.

Just my opinion from watching the game. There are plenty of figures like that around from people's opinion's it's nothing new:, - "a player over 30 is too old", "27 is the peak of a player's career", "he's too young at 19". I personally think those numbers I gave are a good rule of thumb.

Edited by calscot

Hater is a big word but I will admit I didn't really see him making it at Ibrox. To be honest I don't think he was doing himself any favours with his stupid off-field antics. His attitude on the field as well seemed to be lacking. He now seems to be taking things more serious now and is slowly winning over the fans and me.

Interesting comment about him not "making it at Ibrox". I reckon three league winners medals in three years scoring the winning championship goal each time counts as "making it". No?

Interesting comment about him not "making it at Ibrox". I reckon three league winners medals in three years scoring the winning championship goal each time counts as "making it". No?

After his 1st 6 months at the club it is hard to disagree with someone who didnt feel he would make it at Ibrox.

"Making it" to some means more than scoring the championship winning goal. What if all he had done was play 10 games per season and scored one goal in each season - because it was the championship winning one you would still consider that "making it".

Plus, you are justifying him "making it" with hindsight. More than likely pete's comment was said when Lafferty had only been with the club a few short months.

Plus, you are justifying him "making it" with hindsight. More than likely pete's comment was said when Lafferty had only been with the club a few short months.

No I'm not, ok I've not been on here for long but I can assure you I've consistently defended the guy for most of the last three years during which he's made a significant contribution to each of the titles won in that time, not just the last day goals either incidentally. I reckon he's already "made it", he's now our first choice centre forward along with Jelavic and at times towards the end of last year it was Jelavic supporting Lafferty rather than the other way round.

I actually think he's suffered from Ardvelaze syndrome, i.e. cause he's a decent football player and we've desperately needed somebody to play wide left he's been stuck out there to do his best. Because he's struggled there his confidence has suffered leading to the fans getting on his back. When he got his rare chances up front he's been so eager to please he's been trying too hard with the result that nothing would come off for him. All he needed was a run up front and a few goals to go in. Hopefully he'll kick on from here and go from strength to strength.

Pure crap. I once suggested that he had lost his form and might struggle to regain it.

Apart from that I can not only pull the card but wave it all over the place, in fact slapping your bunnet off in the process.

You're being economical with the truth.

If Lafferty takes off how he ended the season he will be a big player for us he needs consistancy in his game if he does that this season he will become the real deal imo. This for me is make or break season for him, he seems to have settled down now so heres hoping he does the business.