David Weir being phased out?

If Weir did come back into the 1st eleven it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I reckon, when fit, he's our best central defender. If Goian and Bocanegra can play half as well as weir has over 2 or 3 seasons then we're onto a winner.

Guest Dutchy

I reckon he's injured as long as there's European games still to be played and indeed he will come back for enough games to get a winners medal.

A first indication of the truth, or otherwise of this theory will be if he comes on for a few minutes if we get into the League Cup final.

Great player that he was, he's well past it and has been for some time IMO.

I reckon he's injured as long as there's European games still to be played and indeed he will come back for enough games to get a winners medal.

A first indication of the truth, or otherwise of this theory will be if he comes on for a few minutes if we get into the League Cup final.

Great player that he was, he's well past it and has been for some time IMO.

I know it's your opinion, but, what excellent performance of Weirs gave you that impression? He was turned inside out by Hooper at Parkhead but that;'s the only game I remember him being made a fool of.

Anyone who thinks Weir has been "past it for some time" is clearly ignoring or forgetting his performances in last season's title run-in. For this Bear, Weir was our BEST player in that period. I still remember his performance against Dundee Utd at Ibrox when we weon 2-0 - Weir was an absolute mountain that night.

He may be past it, but "for some time" is inaccurate, IMO.

Anyone who thinks Weir has been "past it for some time" is clearly ignoring or forgetting his performances in last season's title run-in. For this Bear, Weir was our BEST player in that period. I still remember his performance against Dundee Utd at Ibrox when we weon 2-0 - Weir was an absolute mountain that night.

He may be past it, but "for some time" is inaccurate, IMO.

Agreed upto the part about him being past it. What evidence is there to suggest that he's past it?

Guest Dutchy

I thought he was struggling in some european games last season as well and if it wasn't for his positional intelligence, he'd be routed every time, but as you say, it's only my opinion and it's not a definative given, law or axiomatic truth.