Youâ??ve got no dignity

Of course, we might actually win the tax case as everyone seems to think that it is a given.

That's the thing here,CW believes he will win according to his advisors.Now I know that doesn't mean too much except that he believes he will win

The 7mill save will be just that a save and why spend 5mill a season if you don't have to balance the books if you sell 6mill of player then that's what you have to spend if you don't then you can have the 5mill don't see anything wrong with that.

It's obvious that the 5mill includes wages so it really just one or two 1.5mill players on 4year deals 5mil gone not good reading but that's the SPL world for you.

Sorry mate, but can you use full stops at the end of your sentences as your first paragraph is really difficult to read without them?

It's not obvious that the £5m includes wages. It's far from obvious given the wording in the legal document issued to shareholders. I don't classify paying wages as "investing in the playing squad".

I agree that we shouldn't be spending money just for the sake of it, but why did Whyte lead the support to think that we would be doing so if he didn't plan to do it? Everyone would have understood if he'd put caveats into his "promises" but he didn't and therefore he has to accept the criticism that comes his way.

That's the thing here,CW believes he will win according to his advisors.Now I know that doesn't mean too much except that he believes he will win

It doesn't even mean that. He has to say that he believes that we will win because if he doesn't the HMRC can use it against us. Even if he believes that there is a 90% chance we will lose he has to keep repeating the mantra publicly that we will win.

It's one occasion that I don't mind him lying to us. :D

Whether we win the Court case or not, the way I read it, we will be cutting our cloth.

If Rangers cut wages by approx. £10m, and our nearest rivals don't, we are in a completely different ball game.

Agree with that but the yahoos can't keep that wage bill going.

But the reality is that we probably do need to cut our cloth and reduce the wage budget over the next while. And you know what? Even with that reduced budget we should still have a team that's more than capable of winning the SPL. I like the fact he brought up the subject of just how much our squad are getting paid compared to the teams who punted us out of Europe. It needs to be said and some fans have been saying that for years, so hopefully he's going to do something about it.

Unless Celtic go absolutely mental in the transfer market, which they probably can't afford to do, let alone attract top grade players in the first place, I see no reason why a mix of homegrown players and a few imports at Ibrox can't be winning the SPL every season. With the right manager playing the right football we should be more than good enough.

Maybe Whyte really is in it for the long run and determined to set us up for years to come both on and off the park?

One thing septic do have though is the attraction of European football. If however they don't qualify from the groups, they'll have no Euro footy after the January window. That then means their only source of interest for potential signings will have gone. I can't think of any other reason you'd want to go there.

Of course, they may get wacked in every game, thus making it highly improbable that anyone would ever want to go there.

One thing septic do have though is the attraction of European football.

Lets be quite honest.....there is no attraction of Euro football!!!

This was clearly evident in some of the targets we pursued before getting knocked out!! We were touting the Euro footie thing yet players opted for alternative teams with no chance of trophies or Euro footie....but more dosh on the table.