Is there a link between Jig and poor results or is it coincidence?

Here's the last 5 games that Jig has started while dropping in and out with injury and fitness issues -

21/09 2011	Rangers	A- Falkirk	L 3-2	Started
18/08 2011	Rangers	A- NK Maribor	L 2-1	Started
03/08 2011	Rangers	A- Malmo FF	D 1-1	Started
26/07 2011	Rangers	H- Malmo FF	L 0-1	Started
23/07 2011	Rangers	H- Hearts    	D 1-1	Started

That's 2 draws and 3 losses. I think the only other player to start in all of those games is Davis.

I wonder why we only gave 31 yr old Sasa Papac a 1 year contract extension, but gave 33 yr old Lee McCulloch a 2 year contract extension? Sasa will only be 32 when his contract runs out, but Jig will be 35. Strange eh? :wtf:

I've defended McCulloch against the more vehement criticism he receives but on his showings this season, the guy looks finished.

I appreciate he's been coming back from injury (or pre-season rustiness) in most of his games so that may account for a lack of sharpness but in almost every game his lack of pace and mobility have been exposed - particularly later in matches.

He and Papac were both culpable last night - McCulloch for being unable to cope with quick counters and Papac refusing to work hard to get back into position meaning Wylde had to not only supply the attack but cover defensively for the Bosnian also.

I hope both are dropped for Saturday.

Edited by Frankie

I've defended McCulloch against the more vehement criticism he receives but on his showings this season, the guy looks finished.

You have to wonder why he was given that length of contract extension. It's not as if we're talking about an amazing player who's still worth keeping and playing when he's a bit too old because he's still a class act. We arguably played our best football of last season when Jig was out injured for the last chunk of the season. I just don't even see what he offers us any more other than an expensive, slow and not particularly talented squad player. I suppose he offers us his experience, but that's not enough for me and I don't really know if we need his experience anyway. We've got him signed up till summer 2013 as well !! :shock:

Edited by Zappa

I appreciate he's been coming back from injury (or pre-season rustiness) in most of his games so that may account for a lack of sharpness but in almost every game his lack of pace and mobility have been exposed - particularly later in matches.

He and Papac were both culpable last night - McCulloch for being unable to cope with quick counters and Papac refusing to work hard to get back into position meaning Wylde had to not only supply the attack but cover defensively for the Bosnian also.

I hope both are dropped for Saturday.

I think Papac played well on Sunday but probably got through game on adrenalin last night he was poor and would hope if Wallace is fit will step aside for Lee

I like Sasa and think he has been a great servant but feel Lee Wallace offers a more natural and balanced option at full back.

as for McCulloch I am wondering if he will ever regain the fitness required to play over any sustained period of time have heard from a few places he has to take injections to get through matches these days, If this is true i would think he is nearing end of his playing days with us.

There's a great deal of puzzlement to me how contract extetions work, not just inside Ibrox I might add.

As McCulloch is here for a while, I supose we just have too hope that he is rusty and will improve over the season.

By a good deal.