Naismith's Two Match Ban.

RANGERS will not go to war with the SFA over the two-match ban handed to Stevie Naismith.

Eh? Naismith, McCoist and Rangers accept the ban handed out so why would we want to go to war with the SFA?

What a load of pish.

The Naismith case reminds me a lot of Lorenzo Amoruso's spitting incident with Ayr United's James Grady. Initially picked up by broadcast media, a re-run of an incident that the vast majority had not noticed. The Sky Producer involved was Billy McNeil's son. Radio Snyde went in hard, Bitter Martin said that spitting was the lowest of the low. That Saturday evening's Sportscene had a most interesting studio guest to comment on all that day's Scottish Cup ties, James Grady. The print media reinforced the message on the Sunday and Monday mornings, Amoruso was on a fast track to the Beaks.

On Saturday past, Andy walker highlighted Naismith's elbow, Sky's trackside reorter, Bitter Martin asked Steve Davis, Ally McCoist, and Jim McIntyre about the incident in all his post-match interviews. Radio Snyde's first caller was the odious Terry O'Neill from Uddingston wanting to know the procedure for prosecuting Naismith. Terry felt elbowing was as bad as it gets in football. BBC Radio Scotland on Sunday afternoon had a most interesting guest as co-commentator at the St Johnstone/Hearts game, Dunfermline manager, Jim McIntyre. The print media ............ well, you get the idea.

As our seperated brethern are wont to sing, 'if you know the history'!

Liewell gets his pal Regan the top job at the SFA one year later low and behold Liewell has his feet under the table next to him the whole place stinks, they have changed the rules got people the sack lied about tours of Japan cancelled games for a player they didn't really like but played when an ex manager and Celtic Legend dies they can all go and F#*k themselves expect more and more of this shite before we win 4 IAR and win it we will because when it comes to the crunch no matter what they throw at us We Are Rangers and even on our worst day we stand head and shoulders above the lot of them WATP.

Rant over away for my lunch.

IIRC, Broadfoot said yesterday anyone can 'report' such incidents.

What isn't clear is who decides what gets referred to their Compliance Officer - allegedly an Edinburgh lawyer called Will Cole.

Ah! I get it. Because lawyers are morally impeccable characters of sound judgement, all vested with an unsurpassed knowledge of the game.

Aye - right!

Total madness. What's wrong with a referee?

Liewell gets his pal Regan the top job at the SFA one year later low and behold Liewell has his feet under the table next to him the whole place stinks, they have changed the rules got people the sack lied about tours of Japan cancelled games for a player they didn't really like but played when an ex manager and Celtic Legend dies they can all go and F#*k themselves expect more and more of this shite before we win 4 IAR and win it we will because when it comes to the crunch no matter what they throw at us We Are Rangers and even on our worst day we stand head and shoulders above the lot of them WATP.

Rant over away for my lunch.

Rousing stuff mate, agree with most of it but here's the thing.....according to a childhood and remaining close friend of Regan's (my brother in laws boss) there is no love lost between Regan and anyone at Celtic. The phrase used was "he's had his eyes opened by Celtic" and Celtic have been putting massive pressure on the SFA executive board to have Liewel on board under the auspices of his commercial success with far eastern markets. Whether it's accurate or not I don't know but from what I've heard I would be surprised if Regan and Lawell were a cosy pair in cahoots. I think it's more of an appeasement by the SFA to halt the tide of perpetual complaints and investigations that were happening before Lawell was allowed in.

How long before the Tims suggest that this 2 match ban was a travesty of justice ??

Think about it....

Had the ref seen it Naismith would have been sent off. At the time the score was 2-0 and it was Naismith that scored the remaining 2 goals. Had we went down to 10 men at 2-0 the Pars could have clawed it back (unlikely I know but possible).

So Naismith sees out the game, scores two to secure the win.

He gets a two game ban but had it been seen by the ref then it would have been 2 games PLUS the remainder of the Dunfermline game.

I am being tongue-in-cheek..... but I suspect the Tims WILL start the accusations that this isnt just (more than likely they will be suggesting Rangers should play the same amount of their next game with 10 men as they should have against the Pars...... :D )

How long before the Tims suggest that this 2 match ban was a travesty of justice ??

Think about it....

Had the ref seen it Naismith would have been sent off. At the time the score was 2-0 and it was Naismith that scored the remaining 2 goals. Had we went down to 10 men at 2-0 the Pars could have clawed it back (unlikely I know but possible).

He gets a two game ban but had it been seen by the ref then it would have been 2 games PLUS the remainder of the Dunfermline game.

I am being tongue-in-cheek..... but I suspect the Tims WILL start the accusations that this isnt just (more than likely they will be suggesting Rangers should play the same amount of their next game with 10 men as they should have against the Pars...... :D )

Christ Craig don't give them any ideas they hadn't thought of that rule change. LoL

Think about it....

The innuendos have been going on for a few days. Radio Clyde were questioning how the ref could possibly have missed the incident.