Statement from The Blue Order and Union Bears

Every country has it's good and bad points. Thinking only Scotland has bad politicians is living in a dream world. Look at Greece, Italy, Spain being almost bankrupt. Hating another person because he supports another football team has also something barbaric about it. Maybe we should also look in the mirror as well as blaming other people.

IMHO, there is a time & a place to sign off a document with the likes of "no surrender".

By adding that tag line to a well constructed, informative and unbiased FORMAL statement representing 2 supporter groups, is most definitely the wrong time to do it - it cheapens the whole statement and makes the supporter groups look like 2-bit organisations.

If it were an informal, memo then fair enough, but not a formal, public statement.

With all due respect to the groups, they are. It's just a bunch of guys who want to go along on a Saturday and support their team noisily and colourfully, but who are now being threatened with arrests for doing that.

The groups are not in it to be political but obviously feel that they are forced to make a stand on this issue.

They aren't claiming to be political groups or experts in statements and given this the criticism that they have received is a little OTT.

They are what it says on the tin.

They aren't claiming to be political groups or experts in statements and given this the criticism that they have received is a little OTT.

You'd like to think that someone in both these groups is clued up on issuing statements. If there isn't you'd like to think they took advice from someone who is.

I've never actually gave a Celtic fan a hard time about anything in the street wouldn't lower myself stood in Ibrox and shouted god awful abuse at them as we all have but they started this not us and I won't apologise for eventually smacking the next mhanky scumbag who makes a snide remark when I or my children walk by.

So bad politicians is something we should get over and live with well am sorry but that's not good enough I expect the people who run my country to better than that shower in power at the moment using a section of their on society for political gain very soon it's going to come back to haunt them. When Tuesdays nights events become the norm maybe just maybe sections of our support who seem embarrassed by their own fans might wake up and eventually smell the coffee.

We live in a wee backward country swimming in drugs where getting stabbed and murdered on the weekend seems to be the norm, your afraid to let your kids out of your sight even in the middle of the day and the powers that be seem to think it's because we hate each other for 90 mins at a football match that is the prob give me strength.

You'd like to think that someone in both these groups is clued up on issuing statements. If there isn't you'd like to think they took advice from someone who is.

There fans trying to do the job of the people who should be standing up shouting no enough is enough but are to scared looking after their own self interests to bother.

Two set of twins Craig, 12 and 6 the big two have lots of mates who are Celtic fans they get the big groan from me when they invade the house with the hoops on and a bit of banter before they empty the fridge. But Strahaven like everywhere these days has a lot of muppets running around. Along with the bigots you have the worry of the big two out with there mates a scuffle isn't a scuffle anymore it ends up with a stabbing.

Had the chance to leave the country 10 years ago but foolishly thought I wanted my kids to grow up Scottish and wanted the next ones born in Scotland god I wish I went now.

As I was saying about my MSP the local council (labour) want to build a toxic waste incinerator just along the road at Stonehouse on greenbelt land, big protest but still got the go ahead rumour has it money changed hands, anyway along comes the elections we only have two people to vote for because the Lib dems didn't get there name in the hat on time and the Tories gave it up as a bad idea leaves Labour the guy with the seat and SNP they could have put a monkey on the ticket everybody voted SNP as a two fingers up to Labour, welcome to Scottish politics.

Could be worse mate you could stay in Stonehouse like my good self!! Did exactly the same with the SNP at the election.

Anyway back onto the topic. I fully support the Blue Order and the Union Bears in this statement. As 1 person said earlier stewards can't spot Celtic fans ripping seats out but can spot a bottle of water??

Ok I'll bite so sitting back and taking it up the arse is being mature being told that everything you ever believed in is sectarian and I mean everything not just a couple of stupid words your very being and who you are. I don't know if you make much human contact in your day to day life but I do, I work with kids and I don't know how many mums have dropped of there kids since all this crap started and apologised because they something on to do with Rangers, hoping they don't offend another mum or kid this is the world I live in and to all those people who made it like this I say NO SURRENDER because I've had enough. If that makes me not seem mature to you then it's not me who has a problem it's you.

I think I'm going to have to spell this out. I empathise with your bad experiences, but they are irrelevant to what I'm saying. The point is that the fans groups want to say something that will CHANGE THE POLITICIAN'S MINDS. It seems your pretty explicit message that you want to send to them is, "I will do whatever I want. No-one tells me what to do." How that helps the cause is well beyond my understanding of people and politics.

And yes, that message does sound like a petulant child to me, but I don't see how that's my problem...

Anyway back onto the topic. I fully support the Blue Order and the Union Bears in this statement. As 1 person said earlier stewards can't spot Celtic fans ripping seats out but can spot a bottle of water??

I think we're all agreed that the statement itself is very good and we all support it.

I think I'm going to have to spell this out. I empathise with your bad experiences, but they are irrelevant to what I'm saying. The point is that the fans groups want to say something that will CHANGE THE POLITICIAN'S MINDS. It seems your pretty explicit message that you want to send to them is, "I will do whatever I want. No-one tells me what to do." How that helps the cause is well beyond my understanding of people and politics.

And yes, that message does sound like a petulant child to me, but I don't see how that's my problem...

No Surrender at the bottom of the statement has got F#*k all to do with I'll do what I want and to hell with you, you've been reading too many red top papers you obviously think NS is sectarian. Imo NS today means we've had enough, we are being told what to do when to do it and oh by the way do it quietly. The add ons have gone we lost the Billy Boys one of the great football songs because we were too scared to stand up and say only one word is wrong we will change it. Rangers fans are the only fans in the whole of Scottish football who have actively changed their songbook and for the better we have some great new songs, are rest following suit are they hell week after week we hear the same old crap coming from the opposition fans is anything done no where are the cameras pointed at us all sitting waiting for one daft young lad to shout out FTP.

That for me is why NS should always be shouted until the rest of Scotland starts listening to the real victims in this mess good honest Rangers fans.