The Fan Who Got Lifted For Having A Bottle Of Water

I posted this in TBO/UB statement thread,but thought it deserves a thread of it's own. Admin can delete this thread if they disagree.

Hi everyone,

****** has kindly let me post on this, I'm actually the boy who had the water bottle. I had came straight from work still in my shirt, tie and had the water in my bag, My bag was emptied at the turnstiles where the police allowed me to continue into the ground with the water in my bag, The policeman watched over by a steward emptied my bag and said everything that was in it was OK to go in with. At half time i took a drink of the water and 10 or so mins later the stewards and police made there way into the rows throwing there weight around telling me to "get the feck over here" i then tried to make my way to the stewards but as i done this members of the UB started to pull me away as they saw i was about to be arrested! The steward then started pushing people over and even man handled a female sitting in front of me, as this happened i ended up 4 rows up! when i was caught and took to the room the steward was violent and aggressive towards me and a fellow fan claiming we were insulting his intelligence and we should speak when asked to speak, The policeman who took my details was the policeman who searched my bag. My season card was confiscated and i was told i would find out in the next 3 days whats happening, Yesterday whilst i was at work Head of security at Ibrox informed my mum that i would not be getting my season ticket back and i would face a ban under the account of the following " bringing a bottle of water into the ground which led to a breach which could causee a disaster and for then resisting arrest whilst making dirogitry comments about the government and the police" My mum said to him that i was approved entry with the bottle and asked to view the CCTV and the head of security then replied that CCTV would not be available and there will be no further action if i accept my punishment and serve my ban and if i wish to appeal CCTV will not be used as evidence for some reason i do not know? and that I will be charged by the club for breaking the rule of bringing in controlled containers and causing a breach/disturbance/upset whiten the crowed and for also resisting arrest.

Just wanted you guys to know the real story!

I think it deserves its own thread.

Fucking appalling. What makes this abhorrent is that, if true, then the policeman who let him in with the bottle of water should have remembered (not many people show up with bags that have bottles in them I wouldnt have thought) and dealt with it sensibly. Instead he allowed this lad to be allegedly abused and cowered from his earlier decision.

The lad should take further - it seems he is being railroaded into accepting an unjust punishment.

The stewards and this particular policeman (not all of you Gav, just this one - and only if this statement is true, but why would the lad tell lies?) should hang their heads in shame at the handling of this.

Appalling.

I think the whole episode was created by heavy handedness as I said at the time.We all know you're not allowed into the game with a bottle so the guy should not have taken it in,but it was a bottle of water!!!,and he had already been searched and allowed in with it so why should he get banned for it?.

I think the whole episode was created by heavy handedness as I said at the time.We all know you're not allowed into the game with a bottle so the guy should not have taken it in,but it was a bottle of water!!!,and he had already been searched and allowed in with it so why should he get banned for it?.

Maybe not Ian but he says his bag was searched by a policeman. Even if he was going to take it in that policeman should have ensured that it didnt get in. The policeman is culpable for allowing a bottle into the ground when he shouldnt have.

All of this issue would have been averted had the policeman simply taken the bottle off him and thrown it in the bin.

Maybe not Ian but he says his bag was searched by a policeman. Even if he was going to take it in that policeman should have ensured that it didnt get in. The policeman is culpable for allowing a bottle into the ground when he shouldnt have.

All of this issue would have been averted had the policeman simply taken the bottle off him and thrown it in the bin.

I thought I did say that?,kinda:)

Absolute madness.

It's a classic case of a cop making a poor decision (he should have confiscated the water bottle) then covering his own backside by ignoring the initial mistake when the issue comes back to him.

No matter what happened inside the ground it'll be disgraceful if this lad is punished for something that should have been dealt with properly by the police officer in the first place.

Spot on Craig. icon14.png

The bottle of water should either have been drank by the guy before he entered the stadium or flung in the bin by the cop when he found it. I have no idea why the cop let the guy in with it.

Ian, it doesn't matter if it's a bottle of water or a bottle of Vodka. A bottle's a bottle and they're not permitted in a stadium. I must take at least a hundred bottles off fans at Ibrox/Parkhead when on turnstile duty. If I had my way I'd report the fans who try and get bottles into the stadium. They're not allowed so why try and sneak them in?

I had a full bottle of coke taken off me when I tried to get into Pittodrie. It was annoying, but I hadn't realised the law had just changed, so they were right to take it.

In this situation, the policeman is at fault for allowing him in, and the fan should not be banned for this oversight.

Would the lad have a defence for not resisting arrest ? If he was being pulled away whilst actually trying to do as he was told. The pressure and force of a mass of people could easily carry him from where he is truly headed. No ?

If you take the guys story as gospel then the resisting arrest charge is nonsense. The cop is trying to beef up his case to the fiscal. If it goes to court and they find out he's lying/bending the truth then he'll get reprimanded for it. On his head be it.

However, Ibrox security staff and the police should be checking for the dicks who decided to act the tough men and drag the poor guy away from the police.