The Fan Who Got Lifted For Having A Bottle Of Water

Wives bag never gets searched when she goes in with the wee ones took a bottle of fruit shoot in by mistake when she found it during the game she handed it to the steward, if looks could kill was all she said. So going by that it looks a bit of a lottery who gets searched and who doesn't.

Wives bag never gets searched when she goes in with the wee ones took a bottle of fruit shoot in by mistake when she found it during the game she handed it to the steward, if looks could kill was all she said. So going by that it looks a bit of a lottery who gets searched and who doesn't.

Males can only search males and vice versa for the chicks. The majority of cops on the turnstiles are males but I always ask for females to open their bag so I can have a look in it. Every single time they oblige and allow me to have a look at their womenly stuff. I've seen many weird and wonderful items in a females hand bag including a rabbit. ;)

If you take the guys story as gospel then the resisting arrest charge is nonsense. The cop is trying to beef up his case to the fiscal. If it goes to court and they find out he's lying/bending the truth then he'll get reprimanded for it. On his head be it.

However, Ibrox security staff and the police should be checking for the dicks who decided to act the tough men and drag the poor guy away from the police.

Yup, it does come down to this story and whether you believe it or not. But going by what this lad has said and given we have no better information.... the saddest part is that he is probably the only innocent party in this.

The steward seems to have been heavy handed and disrespectful, the policeman seems as if he hasnt done his job properly (and then making it worse by not accepting responsibility for letting the bottle in (assuming he did remember but even if he didnt he shouldnt have let it in) and the fans dragging the lad away were being irresponsible in dragging him away.

The only thing the lad in bother is guilty of is accepting the word of the policeman that it was OK to take the bottle in.

Males can only search males and vice versa for the chicks. The majority of cops on the turnstiles are males but I always ask for females to open their bag so I can have a look in it. Every single time they oblige and allow me to have a look at their womenly stuff. I've seen many weird and wonderful items in a females hand bag including a rabbit. ;)

And not the animal kind I assume.... maybe she just has a "need" and pops to the bathroom at HT. Actually.... was ity ou that searched the wife's handbag when we were at the Hearts game in the season opener ? What colour was said rabbit ? LOL.

What you need to do is search their bag, when you see a packet of rubbers, ask for her number.... ohhhh, forgot, you dont use rubbers Mr Daddy-to-be :fish:

Yup, it does come down to this story and whether you believe it or not. But going by what this lad has said and given we have no better information.... the saddest part is that he is probably the only innocent party in this.

The steward seems to have been heavy handed and disrespectful, the policeman seems as if he hasnt done his job properly (and then making it worse by not accepting responsibility for letting the bottle in (assuming he did remember but even if he didnt he shouldnt have let it in) and the fans dragging the lad away were being irresponsible in dragging him away.

The only thing the lad in bother is guilty of is accepting the word of the policeman that it was OK to take the bottle in.

The cop MAY have missed the bottle. The one thing I would question/query from the guys story is the part about emptying out his bag. That doesn't happen. For starters, where do we empty it out onto? The ground? Basically, the guy would've opened up his bag, the cop would've had a look in it before putting his hand in and rummaging about. Any cop who says they haven't missed a bottle in a bag is a liar.

I don't think it was the same policeman when he took a drink as the one that let him in with the bottle, but whatever way you look at it, the police will never admit to screwing up and it would need some sort of investigation.

That's not going to happen as it will cast far too much for a mere football fan and the guy's only option, it seems to me, is to plead his innocence and hope to get a friendly ear.

The cop MAY have missed the bottle. The one thing I would question/query from the guys story is the part about emptying out his bag. That doesn't happen. For starters, where do we empty it out onto? The ground? Basically, the guy would've opened up his bag, the cop would've had a look in it before putting his hand in and rummaging about. Any cop who says they haven't missed a bottle in a bag is a liar.

Good point. And that would make the copper missing the bottle plausible and would cover him later. It has all been mishandled from start to finish. Serious question though.... how much press coverage has this garnered ? Is it a storm in a teacup ?

I don't think it was the same policeman when he took a drink as the one that let him in with the bottle, but whatever way you look at it, the police will never admit to screwing up and it would need some sort of investigation.

That's not going to happen as it will cast far too much for a mere football fan and the guy's only option, it seems to me, is to plead his innocence and hope to get a friendly ear.

read it again Dutchy, he says it was the same policeman in the stewards/police office. May have been a different policeman that pulled him out, but he said it was the same bobby when he was being cautioned.