John Greig and John McLelland have resigned

The handling of the sackings of Bain and MacIntyre surely has to be classed as a failure?

How so? You know any inside stuff? Any clue what either of them actually wanted from the club ere being sacked, or rather being suspended?

Not being able to prevent the arrestment of monies by HMRC, Bain and possibly MacIntyre surely is a failure?

Okay, any clue how this could have been avoided? Bar paying the money when it was due years ago in the first place, that is. When Bain and McInytre might have actually come across the money long ago by doing their job properly?

Being sued by your Solicitors and needlessly running up further expense surely falls into the failure category?

Granted.

The constant changing of legal representatives is surely a sign of failure too?

How so? Whyte has his own folk and uses it. I for one have not noted "constant" changes, btw.

The apparent reneging on the "guarantees" in the Shareholder Circular is surely a sign of failure?

Expand please.

The failure to settle the "wee tax case" despite written undertakings to do so is surely a sign of failure?

Rubbish. HMRC wants more than what is due and we contest this. We have agreed to pay and AFAIK will do so, but not the penalty on top of that. And, BTW, do you or anyone else on here actually know whether these 2.8m have actually been paid by now?

The farcical events that unfurled in the transfer window is surely a sign of failure?

Paying over the odds for players not worth it and to clubs wanting to squeeze as much money out of our club? No failure.

We even bid too much for Juhasz and HIS club decided to stay put. We bid enough for Verhoek ere HE decided to stay put. That's Whyte's failure? Not in my world.

The apparent imminent "insolvency event" (totally irrespective of the "big tax case") well if that's not a failure what is?

Based on hearsay and information by people who have been wronged by the club or are commited enemies of it? Yes, if you believe them, then that's a failure.

Bit of a pattern developing there, no?

Yes, people want to see all bad things that there might be in Whyte's take over, after being carefully nose-lead long before it happened by the media and those same people who now come after him with money claims and whatnot.

It is a sinister tendency these last few years to assume the worst and expect even worse, rather than to wait and see.

So everyone should just keep quiet and not ask questions or discuss the various situations unfolding? I can see it now... new SNP campaign called "Wait And See" that criminalises speculation, presumption and open discussion. What's really sinister is the treatment (and planned treatment) of Rangers fans!

I won't tell anyone what s/he has to do. Some argumentations on here seem to border on paranoia though and the will to see everything bad that there might be (!) in Whyte and present it as fact is pretty obvious. At the end of the day, he will do as he sees fit ... and much like in the darkest days of Murray, boarders rather argue amongst themselves and slag each other off than actually do something. Which reminds me to post a question over at the RST site, who will actually talk to him in person tomorrow.

I get the impression that Whyte is still tying up loose ends....

Obviously, he wants the company setup to his wishes ie. how many/who he wants on the board etc. I also think that he is trying to put things in place so that in the event of the HMRC case going against the club, Administration will not prove to be a problem & that the club survives. You may find that after the HMRC ruling in Nov (???), if it's favorable, the board would be added to & a more positive forward direction kicked in.

As for all the "failings" of Whyte, I trust those who class them as failings are in possession of the FULL FACTS!!! AS comments by others, there were a number listed that were clearly outwith his control ie players not wanting to move ANYWHERE.

Folk are still moaning about the amount of cash spend in the summer...I for one am extremely happy with the purchases. Regardless of the money spend, they appear to be worthwhile and are serving a purpose (some more than others)

There also appears to be a common thread in the media about negative reporting on the club....folk on here appear to basing a lot of fact on media opinion - not a good thing!!!

Which reminds me to post a question over at the RST site, who will actually talk to him in person tomorrow.

Constantly insinuating that the RST are fantastic, almost super-human even because they do things like get small interviews on tv and radio occasionally or speak to the clubs owner once or twice a decade is your prerogative, but is their any chance you could calm down with this weird attitude towards people discussing and debating things on forums? Is that not what forums are primarily for? Geez, if you don't see the point in people having discussions and debates about matters related to Rangers, why bother visiting forums? So you can spread the word about how uber-wonderful and uber-constructive the RST is?

You don't need to read between any lines though Craig. Look at the "company" events on the timeline since the takeover and tell me what you see or what you honestly think about it.

I would like to think that I am ALWAYS honest in my appraisal of things Zappa :D - not always right, but certainly honest.

As I said above, looking at the company events they dont really surprise me at all. When Whyte took over the only thing which has surprised me with these removals, and even then only slightly, is that they have taken so long.

It is absolutely natural, in my opinion, that he would want his own people because he will undoubtedly have people he trusts. Given he hasnt worked with anyone from the previous regime, and given the malaise of the club when he took over, it is completely unsurprising to me that Whyte would want to get rid of them. They were part of a regime (no matter how large or little they were involved in the decision making) which pushed the club to a very unsavoury place.

Honestly ? Honestly, I would have removed everyone I could have. I would have worked WITH them until I was comfortable that I knew as much as I could about the business of the club. Basically I would manipulate them to the point that I extracted as much knowledge of the club and how it operates and functions before getting rid of them.

I personally see what Whyte has done as doing nothing other than something which happens regularly in business.

Do I wish we, the fans, were kept more informed of what is going on ? Absolutely. But what he has done with these removals/resignations, I simply dont see them as being anything other than "normal course of business" stuff.

But.... I dont read between those lines too well...... :thup:

You haven't done what I asked Craig. I said "look at the "company" events on the timeline since the takeover" and you've only discussed the board member removals.

Constantly insinuating that the RST are fantastic, almost super-human even because they do things like get small interviews on tv and radio occasionally or speak to the clubs owner once or twice a decade is your prerogative, but is their any chance you could calm down with this weird attitude towards people discussing and debating things on forums? Is that not what forums are primarily for? Geez, if you don't see the point in people having discussions and debates about matters related to Rangers, why bother visiting forums? So you can spread the word about how uber-wonderful and uber-constructive the RST is?

You are so wrong with this post in my opinion Zappa.

"almost super human" "calm down this weird attitude" ?? Really. All der Berliner said was FACT. The RST ARE meeting with Whyte and he was going to pose a question that the RST might ask on his behalf.

Tell me... where and how exactly does this amount to suggesting the RST are super human and a weird attitude ?

If you dont see the point in people pointing out factual situations then why bother at all ?

Perhaps we could leave the disdain for the RST out of it and actually look at what was posted.

Sorry, but your post above smacks of nothing but hypocrisy. In an an attempt to make der Berliner sound like an uber-RST'er you have managed to make yourself look like an uber-anti-RST'er. Neither of which is likely.

Edited by craig

You haven't done what I asked Craig. I said "look at the "company" events on the timeline since the takeover" and you've only discussed the board member removals.

List me the company events and I will give you an opinion on them all. Happy to do so. Your prerogative whether you want to listen to what I have to say though - at the end of the day we all will have our opinions. Yours will probably differ from mine.

I dont often see the conspiracy in many things.

DEREK JOHNSTONE believes Rangers legend John Greig has quit the club he loves because he would never be a puppet.

SportTimes columnist DJ was saddened to discover his former team-mate and manager had resigned as a director â?? along with John McClelland â?? after feeling isolated since Craig Whyteâ??s takeover.

And he admits Greig â?? who he actually spoke with at Rangersâ?? weekend 1-1 draw with St Mirren â?? would never remain on the Board if he did not have an input into the way forward for the club.

Johnstone said: â??I have known John Greig for many years and the one thing he is not afraid to do is speak his mind. He is certainly nobodyâ??s puppet.

â??I am disappointed he has left Rangers because it is now the end of an era. John Greig has been part of the club for almost 50 years. For him to not be involved with Rangers is a real shame. He was voted the Greatest-Ever Ranger and that tells you all you need to know about the man and his affiliation with Rangers.

â??Everybody appreciated him and what he has done for the club during his time as a player, manager and in his role as a director.

â??It is wonderful when you have people like that at a football club, like Sir Bobby Charlton at Manchester United. There are always legends of the club involved behind the scenes and for John not to be involved with Rangers after so many years is sad.

â??I am sure he will still go to the games, but not to be involved will hit him hard.

â??I was fortunate enough to be at hospitality at Ibrox on Saturday and was speaking with John. It is great when you see people who have never met him before going around and talking to him, because they are in awe of him. â??Legendâ?? is a word that is used too often these days, but John Greig is a real legend.

â??I can understand the reasons for his decision. If he feels he is not involved in any of the talks about the future of Rangers and does not have a say at the club, why would he be there?

â??He likes to give an opinion, as does John McClelland. They both want to do the best for the club. If they felt they were being marginalised at the club and in the boardroom, they would feel this was the only option available to them.

â??Craig Whyte has brought his own people in and he is quite entitled to do that. But I am sure there will be a lot of fans who will be disappointed at the latest departures.â?

Derek you were a legend as a footballer but crap as a journalist imo.

As far as I can remember Greig was certainly a Legend as a player but not really loved as a manager and people were pretty impartial to him as a director. He was maybe a friend of yours but don't let that get in the way of the truth.