Rangers withdraw co-operation with the BBC

Rangers Football Club is withdrawing all co-operation with the BBC as of today. The decision has been taken due to the repeated difficulties the Club has encountered with the BBC this season.

The Club was forced earlier in the season to suspend co-operation with the BBC over its serious misrepresentation of the Club manager's position on violence and sectarianism. There have also been other instances where the BBC's reporting on the club's affairs has been neither accurate or fair.

Furthermore, over the last few weeks the BBC has been involved in making a documentary about the Club which appears to be little more than a prejudiced muckraking exercise. Efforts to ensure that reporting of the Club's affairs should be balanced and fair appear to have been in vain.

The Club believes that the BBC has on a number of occasions now demonstrated a pre-determined negative attitude towards Rangers and its fans and its journalism has fallen well short of acceptable standards.

The decision to end co-operation with the BBC has been taken very reluctantly but the Club feels it has been left with no other option.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20111018/club-statement-on-bbc_2254024_2485938

About bloody time and no back in talking after a couple of weeks out for good.

Must be some programme coming on Thursday anyone else think it may be a tad one-sided.

This will be a well-rehearsed hatchet job. You can bet on it. There will not even be the remotest hint of impartiality. This is the BBC's was of getting back at Rangers over the McCoist slur when they were forced to issue a (sort of) public apology. We should have gone for the jugular then. We made the mistake of letting them think that kindness was weakness. Let's not forget that the BBC is still a publicly funded organisation and as many of us as can, should write and register our complaints. If enough of us do it, something will be done.

They say the true measure of a person is not how they deal with triumph but how they deal with adversity,well Mr Whyte has not had to go looking for his adversities at Rangers they have been queuing up at the main doors. We are going to learn soon enough what sort of character the man who would be King is, will he turn and run or 'get stuck wae the heid doon' I hope he gets right into these fookers with everything he has. He is the man who owns our club and is under sustained attack from our enemies, i don't think we should be standing by holding his jacket, lets help him and get stuck into the COONTS.

Can anyone organise a protest march on Pacific Quay? i want to let this agenda driven shame of an organisation the gloves are off.

GET INTO THEM.

Rant over away to calm down.

If it is as bad as they claim, then surely legal action must be our only recourse?

Ordinarily I'd agree but the reality is we need the BBC as much as they need us. By banning them, its an immediate act which grabs their attention and forces them to act. Whether it results in them pulling this documentary, I don't know - but the minute we go down the legal route, we risk permanently ruining whatever fragile relationships exist, something I'm sure the club would prefer to avoid.

The BBC is a public body and there are ways to complain about their conduct. Use them. Keep it civil but fill up their inboxes with our concern our club's treatment and their apparent loss of impartiality. A march on Pacific Quay smacks of "carpark" leave that to the orcs.