Would it not be the case thou that the BBC would have to prove it's side of the story and not the other way around. Going by the evidence so far the BBC are skating on thin ice, nudge nudge wink wink we know he's a bad man, doesn't really stand up in court.

What Cliff is gay omg am shocked. Lol

I even have a problem with the title,'' Rangers-the inside story '',what the fuck are they talking about Rangers for?,why are they interviewing the likes of AJ & PM?,guys who don't even know him!!!.All this trash tried to do was carve up CW for his business dealings from years ago when he wasn't involved with Rangers?,what has Rangers tax case got to do with CWs' past business dealings?.This was just a direct assault on CW,fuck all to do with Rangers.A pile of shite

Agreed Ian

There seems to be a blurring of issues here.

Am I right in understanding that:

1) CW has directed Rangers to withdraw cooperation from the BBC, however Rangers are not suing the BBC. This is a Rangers matter.

2) CW is suing the BBC for personal defamation. This is not a Club matter, and CW will be pursuing this and paying for it personally. (Although as Ian pointed out, the BBC had Rangers - not CW in the title.)

We as fans should be careful not to blur the issues.

On a related matter, the Scotland part after the BBC news last night must have had a five minute segment from the documentary as it's lead story. Quite honestly, I don't think Lockerbire got that long a slot.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

With regard to the documentary last night, I think muckraking just about covers it.

Obviously, Whyte is far from perfect and he seems to have made plenty of mistakes during his career. He's far from the only businessman to do so and, as Rangers fans with little chance of changing who owns the club, we can only hope he has learned from these mistakes.

It will be fascinating to see where Whyte goes from here and there certainly does seem to be scope for litigation given Robert Burns seemed to struggle with the simple conceptual difference of being a director and having signing authorities. Generally though, Whyte has a lot to do to protect and improve his reputation amongst RFC fans and, most importantly, our business partners in the future.

That may just be job done when it comes to the contributors of the programme.

Was interesting to see they had nothing on him since he came back to Britain. Except that stupid chart they had 20 companies, oh look one failed, what about the rest that are doing great.

Looked to me an ambitious young man who made mistakes early in his career chasing the dream, learned from it and has gone on to make a great success of his life should be applauded. But no not in this country we try and shoot them down.

I was referring to the 4m in the cash-flow account.

Anyways, it seems that the BBC really want that war. Despite all the Europa League action last night and Stoke going strong, their Football page opener can't be more telling! Rangers owner 'criminality' claim Utter gutter press behaviour.

Sue them hard, Craig!

Edited by der Berliner