Protest against BBC Scotland - Saturday 5th November

I think there's going to be some Celtic fans turning up at the BBC HQ that day because they don't play till the Sunday. There might just be one or two coming along to have a look at what's going on, but everyone there on the day should be on the look out for any yahoos trying to masquerade as Bears and cause trouble or damage to property.

Muirhead of scotzine infamy says he is going along "incognito".

Muirhead of scotzine infamy says he is going along "incognito".

Yep, I read that last night. He actually said it in an article he published, so hundreds of Celtic fans will have read it and that's what prompted me to say there's a chance of yahoos turning up.

Thanks BH. That's roughly what I presumed would be the case. The bottom line is that trying to completely ban the BBC from Ibrox would be extremely problematic and potentially costly. I really can't see Whyte doing it because it would cause serious friction between the club and the SPL. We probably don't get very much money from the BBC rights, so the cost might not be an issue, but it's just a problem the club doesn't need at the moment.

Thanks Zappa.

I agree or would agree 100%, on the face of it, it would be breach of Rule by Rangers (assuming there is a Rule that says that each Club must accept and facilitate any contract entered into by the SPL on their behalf)/ and breach of contract by the SPL, so yes could be costly indeed. Another own goal?

I say would agree, because one thing we are learning about Mr Whyte is that he is a very stubborn man and another is that he tends to engage his mouth before he engages his brain e.g. I am taking legal action against the BBC for the content of a progamme that I have not watched and I am banning them from Ibrox (if that is indeed the meaing in part at least of "Withdrawing Cooperation from the BBC") without reading the SPL Rules or the terms of their contract with the BBC.

My guess is that when that is explained to him, he will say something like I never meant to ban the radio or cameras but we won't be giving interviews or doing anything more than we have to do in terms of the contract.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Cut off in my prime!

My guess is that when that is explained to him, he will say something like I never meant to ban the radio or cameras but we won't be giving interviews or doing anything more than we have to do in terms of the contract.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned on BBC Radio Scotland before that it's in their contract that they will get an interview with the manager or assistant manager of each team after every SPL game. I obviously don't know all the details and that could be completely wrong, especially if it was Chick Young who said it because he's more often wrong than right.

If I do have anything bad to say about CW up until now then it is that he sometimes let's his emotions rule his head so hopefully he uses his head in this situation. By all means cut the rope short with the BBC and just give them the minimal needed to fulfil contract terms but a ban from Ibrox would be a decision not in the interests of RFC in my opinion.

Perhaps the intention is to let the BBC carry out their contractual obligation without any co-operation or assistance whatsoever. Let them to their seat/studio & leave them be. No interviews, no tea, no food and perhaps not even a plug? :P

If you had heard that wee twat Chic Dung on the radio today it was worth a ban just for that. He states that the media will band together and show these clubs who is the boss, they need us more than we need them. Or words to that affect.

The Clubs don't need you ya twat, not in this day and age they can get everything they want out to their fans directly from the club. Your getting obsolete ya little chunt and you know it.