Protest against BBC Scotland - Saturday 5th November

He's a man-chutney muncher anyway. We do need the media to a certain extent. But there are plenty more media outlets to chose form than just BBC. Refusing to cooperate with the BBC means that other media organisations get the stories & the exclusives, meanwhile the BBC has to requote & reference other people's interviews at the risk of being sued for copyright. We'll see who needs who when they can't show any footage of the next old firm (hopefully).

Perhaps the intention is to let the BBC carry out their contractual obligation without any co-operation or assistance whatsoever. Let them to their seat/studio & leave them be. No interviews, no tea, no food and perhaps not even a plug? :P

I know the plug part was probably sarcastic as I would imagine everything is run from their own transformers. Would we have the heart to deprive wee Chick from his pie and bovril?

I know the plug part was probably sarcastic as I would imagine everything is run from their own transformers. Would we have the heart to deprive wee Chick from his pie and bovril?

True, I'm sure the restaurant staff already spit in it.

Is the BBC contract not with the SPL and just to put together a highlights package. I know it's asking a lot but should the SPL not be hauling the BBC in to ask why they have let this situation get so far we are a member club.

As I said earlier in this chain according to the SPL webiste:

BBC Scotland have nonexclusive live radio commentary rights for every match. BBC Radio 5 Live have the right to broadcast commentaries from up to 10 matches each season. The deal also enables BBC to screen terrestrial highlights from all matches and to stream up to 120 minutes of footage online via the http://www.bbc.co.uk website. Sportfive.

There is absolutely no way that the SPL will take the BBC to task on this, they will (rightly in my opinion) see it as an issue between Rangers/CW and the BBC, they will only be involved if Rangers breach the terms of the SPL contract with the BBC.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned on BBC Radio Scotland before that it's in their contract that they will get an interview with the manager or assistant manager of each team after every SPL game. I obviously don't know all the details and that could be completely wrong, especially if it was Chick Young who said it because he's more often wrong than right.

You may well be correct, Zappa, in which case, it's a pity because I for one have had about enough of Chick Young's sycophantic repetitive "questions" that I can take in one lifetime.

Perhaps the intention is to let the BBC carry out their contractual obligation without any co-operation or assistance whatsoever. Let them to their seat/studio & leave them be. No interviews, no tea, no food and perhaps not even a plug? :P

Rangers supply gang sockets, doesn't sound like they'll be giving Mr Young a "plug" in any sense of the word, anytime soon.

You may well be correct, Zappa, in which case, it's a pity because I for one have had about enough of Chick Young's sycophantic repetitive "questions" that I can take in one lifetime.

I think just about everybody interested in Scottish football have had enough of El Chico, even his co-presenters, who slag him off constantly for being an idiot.

Boring Chic Young is an on going thing for as long as I can remember, he jumped ship way back from when Radio Clyde were trying to produce an honest reliable portrait of Scottish football when most including the bheeb were not.

The thing right now about the Scottish tv mob who add 'Scotland' to the once 'British' BBC is that cretin Liam McLeod who sits at home and adds commentary to SPL games shown later on a Sunday night when all and sundry already know what's in and out through reading the papers and switching on the tv the day before.....The worst example of this is when McLeod 'shouted' that was a dive referring to the Lafferty/Mulgrew incident at Ibrox when the latter was sent off...of course we ALL knew Laff took a dive, but only after we saw slowed replays of the repeated and repeated the night BEFORE.

This cock put it in his commentery as if HE seen it right away and added even MORE fuel to the fire....this cunt McLeod fucked up my viewing of the recent Spain v Scotland game because he simply isn't a competent commentator...the guy's a prick and sums up the bheeb in my opinion.

Boring Chic Young is an on going thing for as long as I can remember, he jumped ship way back from when Radio Clyde were trying to produce an honest reliable portrait of Scottish football when most including the bheeb were not.

The thing right now about the Scottish tv mob who add 'Scotland' to the once 'British' BBC is that cretin Liam McLeod who sits at home and adds commentary to SPL games shown later on a Sunday night when all and sundry already know what's in and out through reading the papers and switching on the tv the day before.....The worst example of this is when McLeod 'shouted' that was a dive referring to the Lafferty/Mulgrew incident at Ibrox when the latter was sent off...of course we ALL knew Laff took a dive, but only after we saw slowed replays of the repeated and repeated the night BEFORE.

This cock put it in his commentery as if HE seen it right away and added even MORE fuel to the fire....this cunt McLeod fucked up my viewing of the recent Spain v Scotland game because he simply isn't a competent commentator...the guy's a prick and sums up the bheeb in my opinion.

So you don't like him then?