I much prefer the black/red as well and it had only been in the last 2 games I've noticed us wearing the all white, which must make it the Buddies game we last played in the black/red.

The last time we played, regularly in all white was at Advocaat's behest, claiming there would be less injuries if we worn white!!!

Is it worth anyone researching this? I doubt it.

I much prefer the black/red as well and it had only been in the last 2 games I've noticed us wearing the all white, which must make it the Buddies game we last played in the black/red.

Actually they are white with blue tops, but some of the players (maybe those with shorter legs!) seem to cover over the blue tops! To me that makes the overall effect very ordinary, the black and red make us look special, especially in European games.

It might have been Advocat who said that he preferred the white for night games, as it was easier to pick out a pass to the white socks.

We may have worn the blue/white agaisnt Aberdeen because of a clash with their red socks and to a lesser extent the maroon of Hearts.

One recent season we changed to red with black tops and I recall speaking to a certain Mr Johnston about it after the AGM and he said he'd get it fixed for next season, which he did; so he did get something right.

I recall reading that Bill Struth went around the dressing room before a game with a ruler measuring that the players wore the socks with exactly one inch of black above the red, you can see it in the old photographs, I would like to see that again.

Tradition is very important, we should always wear royal blue shirts, white shorts and black and red socks whenever possible and away with this third strip nonsense as well.