Rangers Taken To Court ... Again

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/277397-rangers-fc-taken-to-court-by-financial-services-company-over-commercial-debt/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A financial services company is taking Rangers FC to court to recover a debt, STV News can reveal.

Capita Trustee Services is pursuing the Ibrox club over a "commercial debt recovery matter".

A hearing in the civil case is due to take place at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Monday.

The amount involved, or the specifics of what the debt was run up for with the branch of Capita Group Plc, have not been revealed at this stage.

Capita Groupâ??s lawyer Liam Entwistle said: "It is a commercial debt recovery matter and I canâ??t comment any further than that."

The pursuing company, which has bases in England, Ireland and mainland Europe provides financial services for both the public and private sector.

Rangers told STV News on Wednesday that they did not have anyone available to comment on the hearing.

In September Rangers were taken to the Court of Session by law firm Levy & McRae over an unpaid legal bill.

The club paid the lawyers £35,000 last month following the court action, during which counsel for Levy & McRae said there "is a real concern about solvency" at Rangers.

Former board members Donald McIntyre and Martin Bain have also taken the club to court to freeze a total of £780,000 of Rangersâ?? assets ahead of damages claims.

It was also revealed in a separate court hearing that HM Revenue and Customs has also previously frozen £2.3m, while the club also face a potential tax liability of £49m which is under appeal.

In his first TV interview following his takeover of the club in May, Rangers owner Craig Whyte said the club are "doing all we can to avoid" administration.

He also revealed that should Rangers win its £49m tax case, he would write off the £18m debt owed to him by the club

I do wonder if Murray had still been about would we have had so many public court actions? To answer my own question no I don't. Not that I was particularly pleased with Murray at all.

It is sickening so called fans (ex-board members) taking us to court and now everybody under the sun is.

I am more interested in the footballing aspect rather than the business side even if I have an Accountancy qualification and tbh it is getting tiresome but story after story keeps coming up :(.

The thing is: how many companies do that, have we done it before and how common is that (all over Scotland)?

Unpleasant as it is, it seems that Whyte now has a rat-tail of contractual etc. stuff to deal with after the takeover and apparently takes his time to double-check and outgoing money. Doom-mongers will say that we have no money to pay these bills (given that we have a substantial amount frozen in the bank), but what do you expect of those or the press.

I've just read that the bill is for pension advice. That seems rather spurious, but probably raises the company's public profile so much, it's worth a fortune in free advertisment. I don't think it's a very serious problem.

It depends what this is.

Is it a company that we are having a dispute with in respect of how much we are due to pay them (highly possible givenn the nature of the company ) who are trying to take advantage of our well publicised problems by taking us to couirt over something that would normally be resolved by other means, or

is it a sign of a serious cashflow problem and we are struggling to pay anyone?

If it is the former then it's a storm in a teacup and I can't get excited about it. if it's the latter then I guess all will be revealed over the next couple of months.