Rangers keeper Adam on bigot rap

RANGERS have launched a probe into rising star Grant Adam after he was arrested for allegedly belting out bigoted songs.

Club chiefs confirmed the move hours after the goalie was nabbed on a night out in Glasgow.

Adam, 20 â?? brother of Scotland and Liverpool midfielder Charlie â?? is expected to appear at the city's sheriff court today.

Last night a club spokesman said: "We are aware the player was arrested and will investigate the matter fully."

It is believed Adam was held at around 2.15am yesterday in the city centre by the officers after leaving a nightclub.

A police spokesman said: "A 20- year-old man has been arrested in connection with an alleged sectarian breach of the peace."

Adam is currently third-choice keeper at Ibrox behind Allan McGregor and Neil Alexander â?? but is considered a future No1. He has also won a host of caps for the U21 national team.

Brother Charlie, 25, left Rangers for Blackpool in 2009 before clinching a £9million move to Liverpool in the summer.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3918865/Rangers-ace-Grant-Adam-on-bigot-rap.html#ixzz1d0hB6w6a

Rangers goalkeeper Grant Adam in court to face bigotry charges after weekend arrest

Nov 7 2011 Exclusive by Mark McGivern

RANGERS goalie Grant Adam is facing bigotry charges which could wreck his career.

Adam, brother of Liverpool star Charlie Adam, was arrested early yesterday and will appear in court today. He is charged with a sectarian breach of the peace after a boozy night out.

He was held in police cells following his arrest and will appear from custody at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

Adam, 20, is understood to have been celebrating his call-up to the Scotland Under-21 squad with friends in Glasgow city centre when he ran into trouble.

Witnesses claim he made sectarian remarks as he was being ejected from the Corinthian nightclub in Ingram Street - then repeated them in front of two cops outside the club.

One witness said: "I saw bouncers ushering Grant out just after 2am. He didn't seem that drunk and he wasn't being manhandled. He seemed to be complying with the bouncers.

"I couldn't hear exactly what he said but I think it referred to his views on the Pope."

Adam, 20, has been tipped as a future Scotland keeper and was recently recalled from a loan deal with Forfar Athletic by Rangers manager Ally McCoist.

Stance After Rangers learned of the sectarian charge yesterday, they announced that they will conduct their own probe into the incident.

The club have a hardline stance against sectarianism by fans and if Adam is convicted, he could be sacked.

A spokesman said: "We are aware that the player has been arrested and we will investigate the matter fully before making any further comment."

A police spokeswoman said last night: "A 20-year-old man was arrested in connection with an alleged sectarian breach of the peace at around 2am on Sunday morning."

In April, Rangers were fined 40,000 euros because of bigoted singing by some fans during a European match. They also had their fans banned for one away European match.

The club have operated several different initiatives to stamp out sectarianism in recent years.

One witness said: "I saw bouncers ushering Grant out just after 2am. He didn't seem that drunk and he wasn't being manhandled. He seemed to be complying with the bouncers.

"I couldn't hear exactly what he said but I think it referred to his views on the Pope."

I didn't hear but I will have a guess and it can become fact in the newspapers.:sigh:

And yet nothing was done about the 2 Aberdeen players' (Paton and Diamond) on-line sectarian slurs, and they have gone about their football careers without any further mention.

Compare and contrast the treatment from the hypocrites in the press, politicians etc.

The actual new football banning order is not on the books as yet, I thinnk. It's hard to say what will happen, but if convicted, would Rangers keep him on. Findlay wasn't even convicted of anything, but Murray got rid of him???