Meltdown at the Meccanodome

Not wishing to give the oxygen of publicity to such low life scum, but a certain anti-Rangers blogger has the tims up in arms with his latest drivel. He's now realised that Rangers cannot be incinerated and all the trophies handed to Celtic so now his attention turns to the SPL, SFA and Celtic PLC.

The hordes are incensed by the notion that Celtic will play some part in "saving" Rangers by voting for their inclusion in the SPL (post Administration), threatening to rip up season tickets and other such hysterics. Entertaining stuff.

It was always likely to be the case that the SPL (and Celtic) would be lenient when it came to 'punishing' the club.

There is no precedent for the severe censures we've heard about and it is in no-one's interest for the SPL to lose Rangers.

“Moral hazard” is an important concept.

It is simple enough to grasp. If people are allowed to behave knowing that no consequence will befall on them then they are likely to behave differently than if they knew they would be answerable for their actions.

Subsequently you get more of the consequence free behaviour.

If the punishment is SO minimal then there is a “Moral hazard”.

Imagine if drink driving was a £10 on the spot fine and on your way.

Do you think that more people would drink and drive?

Sadly that is exactly what would happen.

Without the automatic forfeiture of the driving licence and the danger of imprisonment people would revert to type and behave selfishly and dangerously.

That is why we have courts to curtail the conduct of the crooked timber of humanity.

Rangers’ are seeking debt forgiveness from the SPL and the SFA and they’re about to get it.

The establishment club are not presenting themselves as a broken African country.

There is a sense of entitlement.

That is to be expected given the culture and history of the club.

However what is of concern is the stance of Celtic football club to this behind closed doors.

My sources in Celtic tell me that the highest echelons of the club have given their tacit approval to a deal that will see the Ibrox club escape their years of, err, “tax efficiency” with a slap on the wrist.

Despite the lips service from the SFA to Platini’s campaign against “financial doping” they will, I am told issue a licence to the new Rangers if they decide to “phoenix” out of their situation should the “big tax bill” hit.

The SPL will impose a ten point penalty and leave it at that.

This is a form of debt forgiveness that is unforgivable.

What would be an appropriate punishment would be a multi season penalty.

Instead the Scottish football authorities are about to rubber stamp the prolificacy of the tax free Tore Andre Flo period.

The Advocaat years saw spending on a lavish scale.

No one could keep up with a club that could splash £12 million on a single player.

This was Championship Manager with the cheat codes.

Now the slate is about to be wiped clean.

Yes there will be a 10 point penalty, but that is all there will be and Celtic at the highest level are ok with this.

Celtic fans deserve the board to be fighting their corner on this matter.

Rangers aren’t “too big to fail”, but they do appear to be too big to be appropriately punished by the Scottish authorities and Celtic have nodded their approval.

Finally I am starting to believe in the “Old Firm.”

Did Celtic not almost go bankrupt ? Did it not require the bunnet to save them ? If they were almost bankrupt was that not as a result of overspending, spending money they didnt have ? I guess we should strip them of their titles during their period of financial profligacy ?

Did Celtic not almost go bankrupt ? Did it not require the bunnet to save them ? If they were almost bankrupt was that not as a result of overspending, spending money they didnt have ? I guess we should strip them of their titles during their period of financial profligacy ?

Yip, and it was David Murray that bailed them out. He gave wee Fergus the cash as a loan therefor Rangers owned them lol

Yip, and it was David Murray that bailed them out. He gave wee Fergus the cash as a loan therefor Rangers owned them lol

I've never heard that one before. Fergus had his own cash from some business deals that I'm aware of, and I've never heard any suggestion that Murray lent McCann any cash.

Ach, it's only reciprocation!

In 1952, the SFA took the advice of several proposals forwarded by Glasgow Magistrates to curtail increasing violence at old firm matches. The fourth recommendation was for the clubs to avoid displaying flags that cause resentment among opposition supporters. Ra Sellik flew the flag of Eire above the rusting corrugated barrel roof above ra Jungle.

The SFA Secretary proposed ra Sellik take down the flag of a foreign country, Hibernian seconded the motion. Sir Bob(currently sucking cocks in hell)Kelly, Chairman of ra Sellik argued against and received fulsome and articulate support from Rangers John Wilson. To this day, ra Sellik's continued flag flutter of ra Irish tricolour is courtesy of Rangers.

They owe us, but Phil McStupidname has conveniently forgotten.