This new regime

It's to early to judge Craig Whyte imho

I have been happy with how he has dealt with certain aspects like

Tieing up players on long deals, dealing with media and their agendas.

However his dealings in pursuit of some players left a lot to be desired and

how ex board members could have been dealt with better but at same time I think had he just paid them off quietly

He'd have been critisced for that also.

Once the tax issue is sorted one way or other i think we will see what Craig Whyte is really all about, and i remain optimistic he will do well by us but don't feel he will be here long term.

Obviously, you'd ask to ask yourself about the alternatives and "against" whom you can judge Whyte. If someone comes up with something brighter, something brighter which is realistic too that is, here you go.

That's a fair point.

I don't see many bears blindly supporting the guy as there are clearly many reasonable doubts about what he offers. However, we are where we are so the guy is entitled to some support given his own commitment (which I appreciate isn't overly huge in financial terms).

Of course the point can be made about where would be if MIH/LBG still called the shots. Well, we really don't know but it's doubtful contracts would have been renewed and, with our early Euro exits, perhaps a few players would have been sold - not only to reduce a debt that would have been increasing from £18million but as insurance for our tax problems.

Generally we just don't know what would have happened and we just don't know what will happen. We can only place our trust in Whyte and hope that, as a fellow supporter, he understands just how important our club (and it's history and future reputation) is.

For some that is easy to do as we stand tall at the top of the league. For others, the doubts are too strong to allow the worry to subside. Both positions are valid and none of us are right when it comes to judging the new regime.

However, that time will come.

I don't doubt for a minute if he dodges the tax case and gets us standing on our own two feet as a club. He will sell for a huge profit but by then it will be a win on both sides.

Do you think that there are many people waiting to buy him out to give him his huge profit?

I think it is VERY difficult to judge.

The guy stepped up to the plate when no-one else did. He's also taken over at a VERY difficult time for the club financially.

Its true he has made mistakes & errors of judgement so far - and he's admitted it.

He's taken steps against the media for issues he deems unfair against the club.

He's enabled investment in the playing squad either through contract renewals/extensions of new players.

He's tackling the tax case head on.

He appears to be prudent with his cash ie. not blindly paying a bill from the previous regime without asking questions about it. Same goes for players, he's not willing to pay over the odds.

He's talking to the fans.

IMHO, all positives.

He's very secretive about his wealth - that's his business & no-one elses. Also the other companies he's involved in have not connection to Rangers, so why discuss/disclose info about them.

His remit is to do the best for RANGERS. His 1st major challenge is the tax case - I'm sure if we come out of it unscathed, a lot of peoples opinions of Mr Whyte will change. I am also sure that once the tax issue is resolved (one way or another) we will see some very positive stuff coming out of Ibrox.

Given what we know from the previous regime....would you trust them to handle the tax case efficiently???

I agree with virtually all you say Darthter.

I dont think the tax case is his 1st major challenge though. This seems a contrarian view I admit. But I think his 1st major challenge is how he deals with the tax case, not the tax case itself. He was lumbered with the tax case by the previous regime. The facts are the facts in the case and hopefully we win. So I dont think that he should be held responsible for it although he does have to deal with it.

I think how he deals with the aftermath of the case is where we will see if Craig Whyte is up to the job or not.

Even though he doesnt have much personal wealth on the line I dont think we should forget what HAS been done.

Under the previous regime we complained that they wouldnt listen to the fans. Whyte seems to be doing that.

Previously we were selling players nearing the end of contracts. Now we have tied up our best players on long term deals.

We wanted the club to stand up to biased media. This would now appear to be happening.

Whilst we dont know a great deal about Craig Whyte there will undoubtedly be scepticism. However, when compared with where we were with the previous regime we are certainly no worse off and, in fact, are in a healthier position it would seem on the face of things. We have brought in a number of players as well as those longer contracts being concluded. We did spend money in the off season, the squad is undoubtedly stronger.

In summary I would say :

From a football perspective we are healthier than we were previously.

From a financial perspective we appear to be at least no worse off than previously.

Healthy scepticism is fine. So too is an acknowledgement where things have improved.