This new regime

I think this question would be best asked after the Tax case is done. There have been well more positives than negatives since the new regime but until we win/lose the tax case & everything to do with it is finished then it will always be tough to judge whether CW is the right man. I have no doubt in my mind that if we asked this question after a positive outcome to the tax case then every single bear would be happy. The only negative in that scenario, in my opinion, would be CW's transfer policy. & by this I don't mean offering low, I mean coming out & publicly saying who we are after & statements like "we expect to sign 3 or 4 players in 48 hours".

It's got to be said that it's a massive improvement over the old board, some of whom had stuffing their pockets as a much higher priority than the welfare of the club - and that is something that is still continuing. They were custodians of the club and were ruthless with many employees jobs when in charge of cost cutting but when given six months to find another job themselves hung around and then try to bring the club to its knees when removed.

To me, it seems the club would be better off now than if a few of the previous board had never been near Ibrox and that shows how incompetent they were. I can't see how you can be a custodian one minute and put the knife in the back and twist it the next? And it shows that the health of the club was something they never really cared about. Clearly in the cost cutting exercise there should have been in place an expedient way of removing highly paid executives? I can't see why they couldn't just find themselves a free transfer...

It is telling that they were giving themselves huge pay rises in this time of austerity when they were the one's heavily responsible for the ills of the club. If their wage was related to performance they should have had a massive pay CUT.

While White has not exactly come and waved a magic wand, most of his problems at the club were caused by the previous regime - including the tax case.

The club is no longer being run as week to week affair and not under the thumb of some dubiously Celtic minded bankers who gave the impression of being hell bent on ruining us.

Reasonable financial stability has been achieved (pre tax case outcome), squad stability has been achieved via new contracts for key players and some shrewd signings and the reputation of the club and fans are now being fought for.

He may only have invested one pound but it seems to have gone a long, long way so far...

A small point but one that's becoming increasingly important...we seem to have embraced social media and are actually engaging with the fans a lot more. You can see that Rangers FC is starting to be turned into a marketable product again and that has almost certainly come from Craig Whyte. As for the bigger picture, it's really impossible to say until the Tax issue is sorted one way or another.

The club is no longer being run as week to week affair and not under the thumb of some dubiously Celtic minded bankers who gave the impression of being hell bent on ruining us.

Sorry to cherry-pick calscot, but what if those bankers everyone was so worked up about actually saved the club from administration before the name Whyte had even been heard?

Edited by Zappa

A small point but one that's becoming increasingly important...we seem to have embraced social media and are actually engaging with the fans a lot more. You can see that Rangers FC is starting to be turned into a marketable product again and that has almost certainly come from Craig Whyte. As for the bigger picture, it's really impossible to say until the Tax issue is sorted one way or another.

The Offical Rangers twitter and Facebook are awful

It's got to be said that it's a massive improvement over the old board, some of whom had stuffing their pockets as a much higher priority than the welfare of the club While White has not exactly come and waved a magic wand, most of his problems at the club were caused by the previous regime - including the tax case.

What are the new directors paying themselves? How do you know that they are paying themselves less than the old ones?

Celtic minded? You've been reading too much Leggatt. :D

Very mixed opinion overall. In general it veers on the negative and I have to say I wasn't expecting that.

I suppose I'm on the negative side, but it's more waiting to see what Whyte will do in the future.

Rangers being in court every couple of weeks as well, which in my mind was avoidable.

Perhaps he needed a guiding hand, not one of the old guard BTW.

So perhaps on the negative side at the moment, but willing him to change my mind.

Sorry to cherry-pick calscot, but what if those bankers everyone was so worked up about actually saved the club from administration before the name Whyte had even been heard?

I think that is a valid point......however, the bank was in control of the situation ie. making sure that it got its money possibly to the detriment of the team at times.

I think the banks demands etc certainly kept the club functioning in order for a buyer to be found. I think if they weren't so heavily involved the club would have been in a completely different situation.

I think that is a valid point......however, the bank was in control of the situation ie. making sure that it got its money possibly to the detriment of the team at times.

I think the banks demands etc certainly kept the club functioning in order for a buyer to be found. I think if they weren't so heavily involved the club would have been in a completely different situation.

What was our net spend in the summer under Whyte compared to our net spend in the previous summer? Does anyone have the rough figures?