QC Paul McBride urges Celtic to get tough on Green Brigade fans

To me it's sectarian the IRA killed many simply because they were Protestants I find it hard when some of the numptys over here in the media still try to defend it as political. There's nothing political about a AK47 or a bomb.

I actually disagree to extent Allan. The IRA and it's various off-shoots as well as Celtic fans glorifying them are probably best described as being both sectarian AND political. The Celtic fans glorify them for both sectarian and political reasons IMO.

I actually disagree to extent Allan. The IRA and it's various off-shoots as well as Celtic fans glorifying them are probably best described as being both sectarian AND political. The Celtic fans glorify them for both sectarian and political reasons IMO.

They ain't singing about the political wing thou Zappa. It's only the murders and bombers of children.

I can see where the IRA end game could be considered political but the means that they used to try and achieve this goal was sectarian terror.

To me it's sectarian the IRA killed many simply because they were Protestants I find it hard when some of the numptys over here in the media still try to defend it as political. There's nothing political about a AK47 or a bomb.

An AK47 or bomb is not on trial and is neither political or sectarian. The person's behind them are. I am with Craig on this one. Is the IRA sectarian or political. If they are fighting for a free Ireland then it is probably political. Politics are a peaceful debate. The fact though,it becomes offensive and illegal when innocent people are shot or blown up no matter of age or religion. Shooting or placing bombs is not political it is terrorism. Terrorism should never be accepted in any walk of life. The idolising of terrorists is an act that should be shamed by every religion or person for that fact. This idolisation should never be accepted by any governing body or football club for that matter.

Up The Ra may not be sectarian but they are singing about a sectarian terrorist organisation who carried out ethnic cleansing of Protestants. Hiding it behind politics won't wash, but as SA says what does it matter the very fact they sing about them is bad enough. What's even worse is that they have been allowed to get away with it for so long.

Do think this would be the case if they had bombed Glasgow or Edinburgh? I don't think so.

If they are fighting for a free Ireland then it is probably political. Politics are a peaceful debate.

Ireland is already free, they are fighting to illegally annexe a part of a neighbouring country and to enforce their own religion upon it and to do so they are committing at best what would be described as war crimes as well as religious cleansing.

The word 'illicit' is just another way of saying it's illegal.

They want to claim that it's political, but that isn't allowed either under current UEFA rules/regulations, so that is no arguement at all.

The SPL seem to be coming around to the same way of thinking, but using diffirent words. Offensive, instead of political. I've not read the full Bill before parliment, so I don't know if they have an anti-political stance towards these type of chants, but it should come under the offensive section, so get your house in order septic, and stop just talking about it.