All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Rangers have had an 'absurd' offer turned down for midfielder Jorge Claros by Motagua, according to the Honduran club.

Claros recently spent two weeks on trial at the Glasgow side trying to secure a contract and impressed coaching staff.

But the Honduras international has returned to Central America empty-handed after Rangers' bid fell short of Motagua's valuation.

The club reportedly wanted £800,000 for the highly-rated 26-year-old but, according to president Pedro Atala, cash-strapped Gers offered much less.

Atala told the Daily Record: "The truth is that Rangers offered an absurd amount for Claros. We made it clear from the start what we believed was a fair price.

"He is a very good player and deserves to be treated better than this."

does anyone EVER put in an initial bid which equals a clubs valuation????

It's called negotiating!!! I'm pretty sure all clubs have 2 prices for a player - an ideal price, and one that would be acceptable.

As someone on FF said. Our offer of half their valuation is "absurd" yet Everton and West Hams offer which doesn't meet our valuation of Jelavic is reported differently.

Coming to think of it, given Everton's dire need for a striker, shouldn't we loan Jelavic to them anyways? I mean, they have no money and really really ... really need him!

I posted that on FF and got I've now got a 7 day ban:grin:

Seems we have posters on here with a better sense of humour:thup:

FF for you mate, like a bunch of women all having their bad week at the same time roll on the end of the transfer window. :D