Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics

a very good read once again Chris, and I'll study the report at a later date, but I'm sure you've highlighted the un-equal power excerted by meddling politicians, which I think mirrors the view of most football fans in this country.

If only this were published in one of the national papers or on tv or something. We need some people who don't make a living (or gain something) from overhyping what is in fact quite a negligible issue in Scotland to be commenting on the "sectarian issue".

Edited by Super_Ally

I actually heard Radio Scotland reporting on the breakdown of the figures, but it was pulled in the next report, so I suspect there's been some 'political meddling' involved here.

If only this were published in one of the national papers or on tv or something. We need some people who don't make a living (or gain something) from overhyping what is in fact quite a negligible issue in Scotland.

FF published it for Chris and it hit No.1 on Newsnow/Rangers so a lot of the folk in the Scottish press will have read it. With any luck maybe some of them will agree with Chris and role out some stories along similar lines, but as Dutchy says, there's political meddling going on over these issues and there's likely to be a press blackout when it comes to publishing the truth about these statistics and they way they're being manipulated.

Paul Hughes at the Sun has said he will pass it to the news guys. Few other journos and politicians have also been sent it. Not sure it will make any difference but the more people questioning this the better.

I see you were prodding Humza Yousaf about this on Twitter earlier as well Chris.

I was but quite sure he'll avoid the issue. In all honesty I don't expect politicians to look at it and change their mind. What I do expect is that the media in this country do their jobs and some actual work and start investigating these issues properly.