Database error and site issues

I've moved your posts in here BH because the other thread was specific to the subject of the thanks/no thanks feedback features.

It's not easy to say what the cause of your issue is. The site was having some problems with sporadic speed issues, double posts and database errors, but seems to be better since Frankie took a look at it.

It could be your internet connection if you sometimes get the error message with other websites as well because I get something like that here while surfing on Firefox if another computer in the house is downloading something.

Tried the thanks button Zappa, but no joy!

It's odd because I can get to hotmail and the beeb and some others I can't mention! but my office ISP's server is a nightmare to reach as well right now. I have a feeling it's a combination of TT being crap and some of the ongoing issues on here.

Is it tonight you've had issues connecting to Gersnet? I've been on here most of the evening and it's been working great with none of the previous issues such as double posts and sluggishness.

Is it tonight you've had issues connecting to Gersnet? I've been on here most of the evening and it's been working great with none of the previous issues such as double posts and sluggishness.

Yes, so I am thinking that it is probably an issue with TT, sometimes single clicking seems to work sometimes double, sometimes not at all.

Thanks for trying to help.

Think I'll give up for the night :sleep:

If you use a browser such as Firefox with add-ons, try disabling the add-ons and see if that makes a difference.

Try clearing your temp internet files, maybe run a malware scanner such as spybot S&D or MBAM or try another web browser?

http://www.ninite.com

Deleted temp files, hasn't helped. I am using IE for Gersnet as I have always done and tonight is the first time I have had real issues. Don't use FFX much. Use GoogleChrome for access to webmail on my business ISP server (123-reg) but have lots of issues there as well. Used to use Outlook Express and then GMail very successfully for my business until it got overloaded by an issue at 123-reg.

Any email experts out there who can sort my office system please send me PM, I'm happy to pay the going rate.

Yes, so I am thinking that it is probably an issue with TT, sometimes single clicking seems to work sometimes double, sometimes not at all.

That does sound like service provider issues (in your case, TT) rather than anything else, especially since Gersnet seems to be running fine tonight.

Regarding the single click/double click side of things: If you mean fast double clicking like you would do on your desktop, then that's not something you should need to do while surfing websites, full stop. If you click and don't get a pretty quick response, give it a few seconds and then try again or click the back button if necessary and try again.

Try http://www.speedtest.net & post the result for your ping/latency here.

If he's having connection problems because of dropouts or other issues with his ISP it won't be reliable data though. If you're having intermittent connection issues you could run speedtest 50 times over a day and come up with different results almost every time.