The Thunderer, the Spanish Archer, and ra Bhoy in Corduroy.

Ra Bhoy in Corduroy is the recipient of a long overdue 'elbow' from the Times. He has got his presentation in first, tweeting this morning that he has decided to accept a generous redundancy package. Further, he is off on a six week holiday.

As we all know, Spiers is always determined to sit atop the moral highground. He was unceremoniously shunted out the door at Herald Towers after several years of spitting venom at Rangers and Rangers supporters. It was a surprise when he accepted employment from Papal Knight, Rupert Murdoch. Who would have thought Spiers would have gone for full throated consumation of the considerable Wapping Wedge?

Anyways, in the New Year, where will Spiers peddle his corduroy covered arse next? Will ra Sellik View make an honest man of him? We should be told.

You just know that he'll wangle another job writing his trumped-up drivel in the Scottish press for another outlet. If I was a betting man I'd put money on him getting a cushy wee number with the Daily Rebel.

He'll probably end up at the BBC in Scotland, what with his great golfing knowledge, but still be available to snipe at Rangers.

Which he practically has been doing for years.

You just know that he'll wangle another job writing his trumped-up drivel in the Scottish press for another outlet. If I was a betting man I'd put money on him getting a cushy wee number with the Daily Rebel.

Jim Traynor is Sports Editor at the Record, Bruce Waddell is the Editor. I cannot see those two offering the Botanical Truth Fairy a gig.

I suspect the Scottish Daily Mail might create a position for the Fenian Baptist(a nickname given to the Corduroy One by Hugh Keevins).

Jim Traynor is Sports Editor at the Record, Bruce Waddell is the Editor. I cannot see those two offering the Botanical Truth Fairy a gig.

I suspect the Scottish Daily Mail might create a position for the Fenian Baptist(a nickname given to the Corduroy One by Hugh Keevins).

Are you allowed to say that?:ninja::smile:

Spiers used to do a Sports Diary weekly in ra Herald, it was an exercise in lionising and slating his colleagues in both print and broadcast media. An example was Sellik supporting Chief Sports Writer at the Scotsman, Glenn Gibbons. Spiers worshipped at the altar of Gibbons and always referred to him as, "the Great Gibbo". He was beside himself relating Hugh Keevins annointing him as, "the Fenian Baptist", he utilised the soubriquet regularly in print. In effect, he lionised himself.

As my old Grandma oft said ,'self praise is no praise'.

May I remind Gersnetters, Spiers won the rather contrived Sellik View readers poll for, 'Journalist most objective when dealing with matters Celtic' five years on the trot.

Edited by 26th of foot

Maybe not. I suppose they already have a high enough quota of muppets writing drivel for their football pages.

Ah, the Daily Fail, soon to be known as the Faily Fail.

Maybe not. I suppose they already have a high enough quota of muppets writing drivel for their football pages.

Ah, the Daily Fail, soon to be known as the Faily Fail.

Well, Lawwell's Laptop Lapdog, Stephen McGowan has just taken over as the blatt's Chief Sports Writer. I am sure Lawwell will demand that ra Sellik's most useful idiot, Graham Spiers is given the means to continue purveying his one sided fantasies. Stephen McGowan, like his colleague in broadcast media, ra BBC Scotland's Chris McLaughlin; never denies Lawwell.

Technically Ian, I'd say he was only quoting someone and therefore not in any breach of any silly laws.

But you do raise a very good and impotant point. Why can journalism get away with using this type and style of language and ordianry people are treated to legal threats?