BBC Scotland's presentation of Aluko's penalty - the Pacific Quay Judiciary

by covenanter

I know there is a thread on Aluko being referred, my point is who has cited him for referral?

I was listening to today's BBC Radio Scotland build up to the Dundee United/Sellik game. It's pre-match and Richard Gordon is on the Tannadice gantry with Billy Dodds, Chic Young is trackside. Richard Gordon culminates the review of yesterday's matches by playing Chic Young's post match interview with Dunfermline manager, Jim McIntyre. Chic begins, "was it a penalty Jim"? The Pars gaffer answers emphatically, "No, never in a month of Sundays, no contact, it's a dive". McIntyre is on a roll, "the referee is well positioned, near and unsighted, you have got to wonder"?

Big Am-Dram Queen and Dandy Don, Richard Gordon states that he has not seen it and looks forward to seeing tonight on Sportscene. Billy Dodds intervenes, "I've seen it, it's a dive". Chic reinforces success, "Aluko dived twice, there's another dive on the touchline before the penalty award". Richard Gordon intervenes to say that they are handing back to the studio at Pacific Quay.

I am expecting an announcement of national importance. In all my years of listening I cannot remember a gantry based broadcast handing back to a studio, other than for technical reasons or for a news worthy statement. Aberdeen fan, Jonathon Sutherland comes on to tell the listenership, "Sone Aluko's dive will be referred to the Compliance Officer, Vincent Lunny". No ambiguity, it's not presented as, 'an alleged dive". BBC Scotland are unequivocal, the match is barely finished 18 hours and they have the Rangers player damned before the rest of us have a chance to watch Sportscene highlights to decide.

Just in case objective Compliance Officer, Vincent Lunny is undecided on the issue, Chic Young intervenes again, "if the Compliance Officer looks at the dive for the penalty, he has got to look at his earlier swallow dive; a dive is a dive". Rangers may have more opportunity of receiving justice from Vincent Lunny, BBC Scotland's Judiciary have ruled. Do you think Jim McIntyre's questioning of the referee's integrity will be referred?

Been having same argument with a few in work who feel I am making too much of way this has been reported.

IMO the BBC will do what ever they can to blacken our name at this moment in time

also worth noting that they have a seperate video showing Aluko incident on their website along with match highlights

Been having same argument with a few in work who feel I am making too much of way this has been reported.

IMO the BBC will do what ever they can to blacken our name at this moment in time

also worth noting that they have a seperate video showing Aluko incident on their website along with match highlights

This is why I've said time and again that protesting against them wouldn't work and had the potential to make the situation worse. Between the Rangers fans protesting at Pacific Quay and White withdrawing all club cooperation with the BBC, they're now on the attack. State television and radio is a powerful beast and one which won't back down or run off whimpering.

This is why I've said time and again that protesting against them wouldn't work and had the potential to make the situation worse. Between the Rangers fans protesting at Pacific Quay and White withdrawing all club cooperation with the BBC, they're now on the attack. State television and radio is a powerful beast and one which won't back down or run off whimpering.

I never felt the protest or ban would be beneficial to us in anyway, I do however feel that it is time to say enough is enough and let them know we won't stand for their biased reporting anymore,

I agree with what you are saying Zappa the Beeb won't back down it will only get worse before it gets better if it ever does.

They won't back down from this campaign whilst there is a dispute with Craig Whyte running.

They won't back down from this campaign whilst there is a dispute with Craig Whyte running.

You see, IMHO there is a difference here. There's been a dispute between the BBC and our chairman over that programme. He or the club can stop them from interviewing our players, which is his right. It is not the BBC's right - still being an impartial and public institution, not a private company - to start a witch hunt on their own against the club and its players, like e.g. presenting as fact that "Aluko dived", that he "is a diver" and publicly calling that the SFA chap has to make an inquiry into this, no matter what. After, as I said, already passing the verdict.

Ain't there a body watching over TV and radio stations to which one we might appeal?

SONE ALUKO feared he was set for the football scrapheap before Rangers stepped in to rescue him from the wilderness.

The winger, who was today awaiting the outcome of an SFA probe into an alleged dive to win a penalty in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Dunfermline, was without a club for six months after parting company with Aberdeen at the end of last season.

And he admits he went through some dark days as he trained on his own. Rangers threw him a lifeline which he appears to have grabbed with both hands and he is determined to relaunch his career with Ally McCoist’s men.

“It was really tough sometimes,” he said. “When you train on your own you have to be confident and have some self-belief that things will work out for you. I had to keep a base line of fitness so that if a chance like this came then I was ready to take it.

“I was lucky because my family supported me all the way through it.

“But if I am being honest, there were certainly times when I wondered if I did the right thing leaving Aberdeen

“There were days I was on my own and feared that it might have made the biggest mistake of my career. My family kept encouraging me and that was important.

“Now that I have been given this chance I am determined to take it.”

And Aluko has told the Rangers fans they haven’t seen anything yet. The Nigerian internationalist took the man-of-the-match award from Saturday’s win over the Pars and has strongly denied he cheated to win a spot-kick.

SFA compliance officer Vince Lunny will review the footage before any decision is taken, although SFA sources say punishment for the winger is unlikely as simulation is very difficult to prove unless clear cut, and the match referee Steve Conroy had a clear view of the incident with Martin Hardie at the time.

Aluko, meanwhile, has insisted that once he is 100% fit and fully integrated into the Ibrox side, there will be more to come from him.

“I will improve with every game because my playing games with new team-mates you find a bit of harmony with them,” he said.

“It is hard at first, but there is more to come from me. It is just a case of taking it day by day and trying my hardest to settle and bring success to the club.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sone-aluko-i-thought-i-had-made-huge-mistake-1.1138226

You see, IMHO there is a difference here. There's been a dispute between the BBC and our chairman over that programme. He or the club can stop them from interviewing our players, which is his right. It is not the BBC's right - still being an impartial and public institution, not a private company - to start a witch hunt on their own against the club and its players, like e.g. presenting as fact that "Aluko dived", that he "is a diver" and publicly calling that the SFA chap has to make an inquiry into this, no matter what. After, as I said, already passing the verdict.

Ain't there a body watching over TV and radio stations to which one we might appeal?

I'm not saying I agree with them acting so petty because I don't, I'm just saying that IMHO as long as they are at loggerheads with Craig Whyte they will take every opportunity to have a pop at us either as a club or at players directly when a chance is presented to them.

As for there being a body watching over TV and Radio Stations, I don't know answer to that but would like to think there is and hopefully they are paying full attention to what is happening just now.

Did the previous host of Clyde Phone in not get a warning from a governing body for his election comments