How do you want Thanks/groan options to appear?

Guest superrcooper7

How do you want Thanks/groan options to appear?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want Thanks/groan options to appear?

• Thanks/Groans
    • Agree/Disagree
    • Like/Dislike
    • Thanks/Likes/Dislike
    • Thanks/Agree/Disagree
    • Other

Guys - I'm afraid we only can only have two additional buttons using the mod...

To that end, I'm going to remove the negative aspect and just have one for thanks and one for agree. As others have said, the best part of discussion forums like these is disagreement in order to stimulate discussion. As such, if someone doesn't agree with a certain opinion, then this now means they'll have to pipe up rather than hitting a button! ;)

As always, please keep such disagreement polite/respectful and refrain from needless personal remarks.

So if I like a post, but I don't see anything to thank the person for, nor do I actually agree with them, if I want to press something, should my brain just explode?

Probably easier!

If you don't see anything to thank the person for or agree with them you shouldn't need to press anything other than one of the reply buttons, a next page button or a link to exit the thread... :smokin:

To that end, I'm going to remove the negative aspect and just have one for thanks and one for agree. As others have said, the best part of discussion forums like these is disagreement in order to stimulate discussion. As such, if someone doesn't agree with a certain opinion, then this now means they'll have to pipe up rather than hitting a button! ;)

As always, please keep such disagreement polite/respectful and refrain from needless personal remarks.

Disagree Frankie I personally would prefer to see one for either side with maybe the text to please explain in the negative. I think two positives is confusing people to agree or to thank and just bogging up the page with 2 bars. Just my opinion.

If we can only have two buttons then I think they should be agree & disagree.

Either way you can add comments if you wish.

Agree and thanks are close to being synonomous: if you agree then you are really thanking the person at the same time and if you thank someone it is probable that you agree with him or her, although I concede that that might not always be the case.

If we can only have two buttons then I think they should be agree & disagree.

Either way you can add comments if you wish.

Agree and thanks are close to being synonomous: if you agree then you are really thanking the person at the same time and if you thank someone it is probable that you agree with him or her, although I concede that that might not always be the case.

I agree Brahim! Thanks!

I disagree, I like to thank people for their article. I also like to thank people for replying to a post I have made, even if I don't agree with what they say.

I agree a post if I agree with the comment and don't want to add another post basically saying the same as someone else.

Having just had my nightly read through the forums though I would say that there seems to be a bit of confusion over Agree/Thanks and I agree with Pete about it clogging the page up.

For this reason maybe Brahim is right and Agree/Disagree is the way forward.