How do you want Thanks/groan options to appear?

Guest superrcooper7

How do you want Thanks/groan options to appear?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want Thanks/groan options to appear?

• Thanks/Groans
    • Agree/Disagree
    • Like/Dislike
    • Thanks/Likes/Dislike
    • Thanks/Agree/Disagree
    • Other

Yes but sometimes people just disagree & don't go on to say what part of the post they disagree with or why.

You can reply with a quote. I feel if you have too much text between the posts the board will become very busy for the eyes and look like a bit of a mess to be honest.

You can reply with a quote. I feel if you have too much text between the posts the board will become very busy for the eyes and look like a bit of a mess to be honest.

You can, but people don't. You're right about it clogging up the screen, but ive only seen 3 groans in my 8 weeks as a gersnet member so I don't see it being that much of an issue.

Guest superrcooper7

I've deleted all signatures, as I do on most forums and it makes it far less 'cloggy'. I still feel if you're going to hit the disagree/groan button, then you should at least give the other person the courtesy of saying why. Like and thanks are pretty self explanatory, disagree/groan however, is not.

I still feel if you're going to hit the disagree/groan button, then you should at least give the other person the courtesy of saying why.

Of course you should, but it isn't a prerequisite, just like if someone replies to you in an actual post and just says "I disagree", they're not obliged to say why they disagree even although most of us would want them to.

Guest superrcooper7
Of course you should, but it isn't a prerequisite, just like if someone replies to you in an actual post and just says "I disagree", they're not obliged to say why they disagree even although most of us would want them to.

Yes, fair point. You asked for opinions though and that's simply my take on it.

I know I wouldn't disagree or groan at someone without giving my own personal view or reason.