AGM Postponed- Early Next Year

That was not my point. I see reason in why it is being postponed and I do hope that shareholders will see the reason too, even if they live in West Samoa. And I even hope that those who look over the Companies Act see the point here too, for I assume there are always exceptions to a rule.

There aren't exceptions, as far as I can see. You either obey the law or you don't. It's not up to shareholders to decide or not.

Anyway, as a shareholder I feel I deserve to be updated now, and told things through articles in down market rags.

The club can communicate by email and on their website.

The website I will give you but I would suspect that email would only work if they have ALL shareholders email addresses, otherwise they wouldnt receive the info at the same time - dont think that is allowed under Companies Act is it ?

Pertinent shareholder information needs to be distributed to ALL shareholders simultaneously, does it not ?

Website covers this for sure though, so there were better, more official means than through a rag.

The website I will give you but I would suspect that email would only work if they have ALL shareholders email addresses, otherwise they wouldnt receive the info at the same time - dont think that is allowed under Companies Act is it ?

Pertinent shareholder information needs to be distributed to ALL shareholders simultaneously, does it not ?

Website covers this for sure though, so there were better, more official means than through a rag.

What's wrong with a letter???

The reasons why they resigned are becoming clearer.

I believe every director of the club is liable to a fine if the AGM is not held within 6 months.

Within 6 months of the takeover? So that would've been mid November?

Are you saying those would be personal fines and would be sufficiently high to force McClelland and Greig to resign?

It's certainly extraordinary times at Ibrox these days and I'm sure most of the shareholders will go along with this delay, but CW is taking a gamble that ALL shareholders will agree and none will want to contact Companies House.

Sometimes, it appears as though CW is inviting contraversey, but then again, I've never liked the way businessmen go about their business. They're all filled with their own sense of self-impotance and give little thought to others business and lives.

The "There's no alternative" outlook seems to be the way business thinks and acts. Shite really.

Within 6 months of the takeover? So that would've been mid November?

Are you saying those would be personal fines and would be sufficiently high to force McClelland and Greig to resign?

Within 6 months of the year end.

I don't think that the level of the fines are the issue, but more the fact that they would be directors of a company failing in its legal obligations. It would certainly make me consider my position if I was a director of the club.

"It will not be logistically possible to have the AGM in what remains of 2011, though.

I am always supicious of people who split their infinitives. :twisted:

Seriously though, I agree with Darthter "you (publish your accounts and) hold the AGM (on the best information available at the time) and update everyone with the info as it stands."

It is now clear why the accounts have not been signed off.

The auditors have asked for an up to date legal opinion on the status of the tax case and Rangers either don't like the opinion that they have to hand or want to wait for what they hope is a favourable letter.

Either way it is wrong, just as wrong as the misleading statement about Mr Whyte's suspension, only more serious in my opinion.