AGM Postponed- Early Next Year

Thank-you for the in-depth reply forlanssister.

While I can see where some of your points are coming from, my issue is that almost everything that we know about Craig Whyte is purely speculation.

We cannot know for sure how the finances are being handled, we don't know anything about why he was banned as a director (apart from what the BBC documentary said). I suppose his "murky" past is open to interpretation, we can make what we want of it, and every one of us probably has a different view on the matter.

I don't really know what else to say as there are no links I can throw in, there are no videos/interviews to prove/disprove any arguments for or against the CW era so far and because of this all discussions generally end up going round in circles.

One thing is for sure though, I'd rather be in the predicament we are now than we were 18 months ago. Although we still have the HMRC dispute hanging over us, at least we have some sort of stability & we are no longer a club for sale running the risk of losing key players for free during every transfer window.

As a fan, that's all I can ask for.

My faith is with the current board to sort out any behind the scene issues that may be happening in a professional manner, delaying the AGM to the point where we may incur fines is not professional.

Thank-you for the in-depth reply forlanssister.

While I can see where some of your points are coming from, my issue is that almost everything that we know about Craig Whyte is purely speculation.

We cannot know for sure how the finances are being handled, we don't know anything about why he was banned as a director (apart from what the BBC documentary said). I suppose his "murky" past is open to interpretation, we can make what we want of it, and every one of us probably has a different view on the matter.

No we don't know why Whyte was banned as a Company Director but it's safe to assume that to merit a 7 year ban it must have been a lot more severe offence than a mere "technicality". If Craig Whyte really has nothing to hide he can publish the Insolvency Service report into his banning, luckily for him it is exempt from FOI requests and third parties can only gain access to it by petitioning the High court in London.

I think the apparent "murky" past allied to the present should be a concern to us all, but that's only my opinion and everybody else is entitled to hold their own opinion.

I don't really know what else to say as there are no links I can throw in, there are no videos/interviews to prove/disprove any arguments for or against the CW era so far and because of this all discussions generally end up going round in circles.

Have to agree with you re going round in circles. History may indeed show Whyte to be the saviour ( and believe it or not I really hope he is!) because any other outcome is too unpalatable to contemplate.

One thing is for sure though, I'd rather be in the predicament we are now than we were 18 months ago. Although we still have the HMRC dispute hanging over us, at least we have some sort of stability & we are no longer a club for sale running the risk of losing key players for free during every transfer window.

As a fan, that's all I can ask for.

I'm not sure, we have more stability, as you say we still have HMRC hanging over us, and we've swapped a safe stable non onerous reasonably cheap term loan for something we don't know, we don't know if there was any arrangement fee we don't know the rate of interest charged we don't know any of the terms at all.

We'll know come January 31 if you're correct in your assumptions re players, once again I sincerely hope you are.

As a fan (excuse the plagiarism) but I think "we deserve better" than we are getting from the present custodian.

My faith is with the current board to sort out any behind the scene issues that may be happening in a professional manner, delaying the AGM to the point where we may incur fines is not professional.

Alas I have no faith in the current "board" ( if it's even worthy of being described as one) and while I certainly desire an AGM soon I'm unsure if there will be an AGM or a creditors meeting.

*Admin* how about a combined "like" and "respectfully disagree" button! :razz:

Edited by forlanssister
Crap editing!