Rangers Chat - Mark Forum Read

It doesn't work and hasn't worked for a while now.

There are some threads in Rangers Chat I don't read so I click Mark Forum Read. However, these threads remain in bold after I've marked the forum as read.

It works for every other room bar Rangers Chat. Just thought I'd highlight another issue for the admin team to sort out while they are in the mood for it. :D

I don't use that feature myself, but I had one or two unread threads in Rangers chat so gave it go. The threads were still in bold after marking the forum read, but weren't after leaving Rangers Chat and going back in, so it does work.

See, the above is where, imho, the 'disagree' button is a bit silly. It should only be used when someone REALLY disagrees with a post to the point of spitting venom at the screen, and they can explain why.

Using it in on that post seemed a little OTT.

I don't use that feature myself, but I had one or two unread threads in Rangers chat so gave it go. The threads were still in bold after marking the forum read, but weren't after leaving Rangers Chat and going back in, so it does work.

So it doesn't work then. You shouldn't have to leave the room and come back in before the unread threads are shown as read.

So it doesn't work then. You shouldn't have to leave the room and come back in before the unread threads are shown as read.

It does work Gav and you don't even need to leave the room it's just that the room needs updated after you mark the forum as read, so mark the forum as read then click refresh on you browser or press F5 on your keyboard. Not a big deal.

It does work Gav and you don't even need to leave the room it's just that the room needs updated after you mark the forum as read, so mark the forum as read then click refresh on you browser or press F5 on your keyboard. Not a big deal.

When you're in the other rooms on the forum and click 'mark Forum as Read', the page refreshes itself and all threads are marked as read. Just curious as to why it works in the other rooms but not Rangers Chat?

Edited by Gazza_8

I don't know Gav. Tbh, what bothers me much more is that the "select all" feature doesn't work in the Rangers Chat section, but works in other sections. It means that to merge 40 or 50 Willie Vass RSS feed posts into one we have to manually check a box next to every thread the feed has created, so that's dozens and dozens of clicks every time that stuff needs merged. I'm not complaining, but it's a lot more annoying than simply having to refresh your browser window or tab. :ninja: