If everyone was fit except Naismith and Ness, what would your team be against Celtic on the 28th and why?

This is my selection.

:am:

:sw::dg::cb::sp:

:sa::sd::me::gw:

:tkb:

:nj:

Overall, I would attack because Celtic's biggest weakness is their defence.

I prefer Papac to Wallace at LB, because he has been our most consistent defender for 5 years (covering all across the back line) and can attack if necessary as he has demonstrated from midfield recently. However the first quality to look for in a defender is can he defend and I judge him better than Wallace in that department. Also with Wylde in the LMF we need solidity behind him.

Aluko is the most creative player we have at our disposal right now and although he is all left foot (and how strange is it that all of a sudden we have two left-footed LMF players?) he can move across the line and swop with Wylde.

I would not pack CMF as either McCulloch or Bartley just slow us down as was amply demonstrated yesterday. Neither Bedoya nor McKay have really had an opportunity to show us very much and what they have shown to date doesn't merit a place in the starting line up in my view.

Davis has been a big disappointment and I don't disagree with those who think he should be dropped or moved out wide but by the same token who would replace him? Ness, if fit perhaps but not much chance of that it seems. McKay? I would want to see him in half a dozen games first and is that likely, I doubt it.

Edu? I like him as a ball winner but he lacks confidence and is therefore often caught in possession. But he was outstanding against Celtic at Ibrox and as a sitter who would you put in his place?

I am going for Wylde in LMF because of his pace and the occasional deadly cross as yesterday's corner, though I dispare at seeing most of his efforts go only knee high. McKay or Lafferty would be in contention but it is not really McKay's position and see below re Lafferty.

I am going for Bendiksen to play just off Jelavic. I am impressed with what I have seen in the last two matches and would give him a run in the next few games. He has no little skill and an aggressive attitude. I would like to see if he can show the same skill in the box and he might get some goals off Jelavic.

The alternative would be 5-man midfield, with Bartley (which I think might be in Ally's mind) or Lafferty if fit up front or wide left. Lafferty is a proven goal scorer and a very hard worker but his form is erratic to say the least. If Bendiksen can continue where he has started, I would give him the nod.

I have taken it as read that McGregor, Whittaker, Goian and Jelavic would be automatic choices.

Can't seem to get the G/K and front men in the middle of the screen; is there a template for this or can someone fix it for me?

Edited by pete

Can't seem to get the G/K and front men in the middle of the screen; is there a template for this or can someone fix it for me?

Go into edit post mate, highlight your team selection and click on 'align center' or at the start of your team type [centre] and then at the end type [/centre] but spell it the American way.