Dorin Goian eyes new deal at Rangers

Looks like they said to the lad here's a wage to start with, if you make a success of your first season we'll talk in the summer about a better deal.

I was thinking the same thing. Why would anyone join our club on low wages when it was all over the media that Shagger, Whitty & Davis were getting 25k p/w.

He has been outstanding and certainly worth as much as Davis or Whittaker, though at his age he won't get it. One of the best defensive headers of a ball we've had in a long time, hardly ever needs to foul, but not afraid to take one for the team when necessary. We will not loose a lot of goals and hence we won't lose many games with him and Bocanegra in the centre of defense.

I was thinking the same thing. Why would anyone join our club on low wages when it was all over the media that Shagger, Whitty & Davis were getting 25k p/w.

Something must have happened at Palermo because he is just too good for the transfer fee and wages; but it shows you that if you look hard enough you can find some gems.

He has been outstanding and certainly worth as much as Davis or Whittaker, though at his age he won't get it. One of the best defensive headers of a ball we've had in a long time, hardly ever needs to foul, but not afraid to take one for the team when necessary. We will not loose a lot of goals and hence we won't lose many games with him and Bocanegra in the centre of defense.

Bocanegra has been a great piece of business too. Didn't have a great start and got some flack but we look solid at the back now with him and big Dorin. A great mix of experience and no-nonsense defending.

Wages aren't huge in Italy and apparently he was only on around £10K per week at Palermo.

Palermo had some talent, like Cavani, they still do I guess they don't pay well how strange.

Goian has been a success I was pleased when we signed him, wish it was a few years earlier. He has been very good although his defending against Dunfermline's goal the other week was rather suspect.