Bougherra talking up Celtic

You being sarcastic pete ?

Firstly let me say that I am still foaming at the mouth and filled with disappointment and disbelief that McCoist could pick such a team against a team lying at +\- the bottom of the league. Some people seem to be able to get over this with we won the points end of story. I can't. Yes I will be cheering and feeling great at the end of the season when we lift the the championship trophy but it does matter to me that Rangers perform well, as well as just winning.

I also want people to respect Rangers for the way we play football and not just say we win by boring people. No, we will never be a Barcelona but then again the other teams in our competition are also many classes under most of the opponents Barcelona play, and we should, given our budget, be a class above anyone else in the SPL, with the possible exception of Celtic.

Everyone, apart from McCoist it would seem, sees that we are missing a player with flair and imagination, so why he picked the team he did has just totally confounded me. He has brought in McKay,Ortiz,Bedoya and has Bendiksen, Kerkar, Hemmings and even Healy if fit all more attacking options. Ortiz has looked quite a reasonable player at times but against a poor, poor, Hibs team he is brought on for all of 3 minutes for what I can only imagine was to waste time in the dying seconds to protect our lead. How the hell can these guy's build up any confidence when the only part of their strip getting dirty is their arse? Watching the first half on Saturday must have had them wondering if they have made the right decision coming to Ibrox.

So while I do find it tedious to bring this up in another thread I can imagine Kerkar telling Boogie don't recommend anyone to come here you don't get a chance so I feel that my retort was within the topic of the thread. As for the not so Super Ally part,I am afraid at this moment as a manager he is far far away from being near to a super manager in my opinion.

As for the opinion part I think your opinion is well respected by everyone on this site including myself. I have in the past asked you, on many occasions, for your opinion on different things and do welcome it. If I am totally honest and I do try to be, in this one case my answer possibly did carry a pissed off grunt of sarcasm and for that I apologise.

It does only reflect a quick flash retort though and not my overall opinion of your opinion. Again, my apologies.

Edited by pete

As for the opinion part I think your opinion is well respected by everyone on this site including myself. I have in the past asked you, on many occasions, for your opinion on different things and do welcome it. If I am totally honest and I do try to be, in this one case my answer possibly did carry a pissed off grunt of sarcasm and for that I apologise.

It does only reflect a quick flash retort though and not my overall opinion of your opinion. Again, my apologies.

You have no need to apologise to me Pete. I was being tongue-in-cheek, not serious.

I am with you, I wish we were playing better football, I think we all do. I am one of those that will sacrifice the performance for the result - but then I am only spending 90 mins a week watching a Gers game and not half a weekend like some watching some dire stuff.

I took the wee fella to the Hearts seaosn opener and we were poor. Then took him to the Malmo game and we were poor. I was more disappointed by the result than performance but, again, I am just excited to get to a Gers game when I cant be there too often these days.

The strange thing is that we DO have some flair players that can do a job for us. If we are playing 5 in midfield (we shouldnt need to though....) then we really should be playing 2 wingers or attack-minded players - we have Wylde, Bendiksen, Ortiz and Fleck could play wide and we could even play Davis wide. There is no reason that we cant have a midfield 5 something like this from back to front :

------------------------:kbartley:------------------:me:------------

:tkb:-----------------------:sd:-----------------:gw:

A 4-2-3-1 with the usual suspects at the back, then the above and Jelavic up front. This way Jelavic doesnt get isolated but has plenty of creativity to assist in making openings.

As for the not so Super Ally part,I am afraid at this moment as a manager he is far far away from being near to a super manager in my opinion.

It must be said tho'....Rangers under Walter 2 seasons ago after 18 games managed 43 points, last year he got 44, Ally's pocketed 45, SUPER ALLY SUPER ALLY AWAY AWAY AWAY!!

It must be said tho'....Rangers under Walter 2 seasons ago after 18 games managed 43 points, last year he got 44, Ally's pocketed 45, SUPER ALLY SUPER ALLY AWAY AWAY AWAY!!

That of course means totally nothing,all the circumstances would have to be exact for that to have any meaning. I could say more and probably does in this case say more about the opposition.

That of course means totally nothing,all the circumstances would have to be exact for that to have any meaning. I could say more and probably does in this case say more about the opposition.

A bit harsh Pete the SPL is just as crap this season as the last 2, you can only beat the teams that's put in front of you.